Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Add the Oort Cloud to the Solar System simulation  (Read 4266 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Add the Oort Cloud to the Solar System simulation
« on: October 10, 2018, 04:50:25 PM »
The Oort cloud is missing from our solar system simulation. It must be added in because it is missing. This is a crucial feature to add because the Oort cloud is composed of extremely tiny icy asteroids and dust.

Pizzaeater1K

Re: Add the Oort Cloud to the Solar System simulation
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 11:23:01 AM »
The solar system simulation is already laggy enough, and I have a pretty good computer.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
When Universe Sandbox 2 simulations undergo a simulations performance, then the Solar System would perform better. The Oort cloud, which marks the outskirts of our Solar System, just before interstellar space, must be added to our Solar System simulation. The Oort cloud is necessary and it must be included with the Solar System simulation in Universe Sandbox 2.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »
But it would be just too many objects...do you have any idea how many billions, possibly trillions of icy things might be in the Oort cloud? Even if they did it like they did the asteroid belt where only a tiny fraction of them actually end up as dust objects, that would still be millions of objects to simulate.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 07:26:21 AM »
I understand your point there. It would be good however to add the Oort Cloud to the Solar System simulation. Like you said, the icy and dust particles would be extremely tiny, millimetres or smaller in radius size.