Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG] Clouds disappears when adding climate mode to custom planets  (Read 5238 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
[BUG] Clouds disappears when adding climate mode to custom planets
« on: September 30, 2018, 02:47:06 PM »
I have found a glitch that causes clouds to completely disappear when adding climate mode to a custom modded planet. This bug is also triggered when renaming Earth to something else.

I am not sure what causes this problem, but please fix this cloud disappearing problem when adding climate mode by modding rocky planets. Also, when saving an Earth with another name causes the clouds to disappear and when turning clouds on does not show the missing clouds.

I am not sure if anyone has witnessed this cloud disappearance bug but please make a note of that bug and fix it. I want developers to hear my complaint here on this glitch. Clouds should never disappear when enabling or disabling climate mode or when spawning a saved custom rocky planet object.

If you are a developer, please reply to this post. I have a screenshot for proof below.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:51:10 PM by Cesare »

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
[BUG] Clouds disappears when saving planets
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »
Today, I have found out that the clouds bug which causes the clouds to disappear is also related to saving. When saving a custom made planet with clouds, the clouds completely disappears when re-spawning the saved planet. Any planet that contains water must have clouds if there is an atmosphere, so the clouds should load when re-spawning the planet.

The cloud disappearance bug must be fixed in the next update because its very annoying. When you have clouds turned on in both the temperature tab and or the climate mode tab, the clouds do not show up when the custom made planet has been re-spawned in a new simulation. Please fix the cloud bug.