Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Climate Mode and Seasons for all Planets and Moons in our Solar System  (Read 3956 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
I really enjoy the climate mode for Earth and Mars in Universe Sandbox 2 but I have noticed that climate mode is missing for all other planets and moons of our Solar System within Universe Sandbox 2. For example, I wanted to have climate mode for planets such as Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto but the feature was not there. I also want to have climate mode for the Moon and all the other moons from the planets of our Solar System as well.

In addition to climate mode, I would like to be able to properly simulate seasons on planets and moons in Universe Sandbox 2. For example, when is the start and end of a season such as spring, summer, autumn and winter. In real life, planets and moons have seasons, no matter how close or far they are away from the star. Hot and cold planets have seasons, whether or not you believe it.

Climate Mode glitch:

When simulating climate mode for Earth and Mars whilst running the simulation faster or slower it causes the climate mode to either disappear, be switched off unexpectedly or causing the change in temperature either up or down to suddenly jump to a temperature which has great difference. I am not sure if anyone has witnessed this bug, but its annoying and it ruins the potential benefit of using climate mode in Universe Sandbox 2. Please fix this climate mode glitch once it for all.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:21:58 PM by Cesare »

Pizzaeater1K

Re: Climate Mode and Seasons for all Planets and Moons in our Solar System
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »
You can disable the turning off, it happens around 6 months / second

The other problems are due to computational limits.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Re: Climate Mode and Seasons for all Planets and Moons in our Solar System
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 10:56:46 PM »
I do understand that there are computational limits. However, when I slow down the simulation, the climate mode still causes the glitch which causes it to either switch off or go wrong in terms of temperature changes. From time to time, when planets are frozen or near freezing, the snow on climate mode suddenly disappears and then the planet suddenly boils near the boiling point of water. That is definitely a glitch and its not suppose to happen. The climate mode feature is glitched and must be fixed and improved as soon as possible.

Also, when playing simulations, the animation of climate mode does not work properly as temperatures suddenly jump up or down without any normal climate mode change. This sudden jump in temperatures causes climate mode to either be switched off, disappear or cause unexpected freezing or boiling of planets. The number of frames per second when speed up or slowing down climate mode animations does not play well.

In Alpha 16, the freezing or warming up of climate mode works extremely well. If you have the Alpha 16 of Universe Sandbox 2, you can experience this for yourself and find out the climate mode for Earth and Mars work perfectly well without and climate glitches. The climate mode glitch began in Alpha 18, as far as I remember. Developers must release an update to fix the climate mode glitch because its very annoying.

By the way, when will planet grids be released? I have long being waiting for the planet grids update. Will planet grids really improve the climate mode feature and temperature changes for rocky planets such as Earth and Mars?