Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gas Giant Colors and Number of Color Bands - Atmosphere, Clouds, Water Colors  (Read 6332 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
I would really like to be able to customize the colors of gas giants and the number of color bands which gas giants can have within the interface of Universe Sandbox 2. Please can you developers add all those color features into the color options in Universe Sandbox 2. The reason why I am asking for this is because me and other users of Universe Sandbox 2 want to be able to flexibly change gas giant colors and color bands, number of bands a gas giant can have. Also, users could be able to change the rotation on one of more of the colored bands rotating on the gas giant. Color bands should be customizable by width, color and quantity with a separate feature. For example, I could color one color band on a gas giant pink.

Rocky Planets Atmosphere, Clouds, Water Colors:

As for rocky planets, I would also like developers to add the ability to customize the colors of atmospheres, clouds and water within the interface of Universe Sandbox 2 without any restrictions.

The reason for that is because I am not a programmer and find it extremely difficult and time consuming to modify the game files of bodies, so by having all the color and band features available in Universe Sandbox 2, would really help me and other users modify all colors of rocky planets and gas giants without the tedious and time consuming of modding and asking other users to waste time to create a modded rocky planet or gas giant. This would make life easier for all Universe Sandbox 2 users.

Rocky planets should also have an atmosphere and cloud feature which allows users to change the physical appearance of the thickness of rocky planets atmospheres and clouds. For example, change the opacity of the atmosphere and clouds.

Please can you developers out there read this post, mark it as an important suggestion and start creating this update to be released for a later date.

Thank you for your patience.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
The images above are objects that was modded by other users, who sent me those objects through the Discord site. I used those images as an example on the subject of being able to customize the color of gas giants, color bands for gas giants and atmospheres, clouds and water for terrestrial planets.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
Developers viewing and reading this post, please post your comments here. I really want all those color features listed above to be available in Universe Sandbox 2.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Cesare, we are well aware that many users want more options for customizing colors. You do not need to continue to request this. This is something that is on our to-do list and we definitely want to add it eventually, but we are currently working on other features.  :)

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
Don't worry. I am not spamming. I will no longer request color features for planets. What I wanted to do here is to get your attention to make a note of the color features that Universe Sandbox 2 needs for asteroids, rocky planets, gas giants, and stars.

By the way, Jar, when will planet grids be released?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
We unfortunately can't give a release date, as we simply do not know exactly and do not want to incorrectly set expectations for when it'll be released. I can say that we are making progress and we are now in an internal testing phase with Planet Grids, but there are still some bigger issues we are working through. Hopefully we can continue to make good progress and have it ready sometime in the near future!  :)

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
What is your next planned update to be released this month or the next?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
We're hoping to release a smaller update with some new sims in the near future, like one that will feature the Parker Solar Probe (http://parkersolarprobe.jhuapl.edu/). We realize that this isn't a major feature release and many will still be waiting for the bigger updates, but it isn't a distraction from our work on everything else, so we hope it helps a bit!  :)

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
Please can you release a simulation with rocky planets like Earth that have extreme seasons like this one here which I created. The planets must have climate mode and have super hot summers like Venus and super cold winters like Mars.

There is a planet out there which is perhaps a gas giant with an Earth like moon called "16 Cigni b". Read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16_Cygni
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:19:04 PM by Cesare »