4 (21.1%)
kol
2 (10.5%)
kolkon
3 (15.8%)
kolkop
7 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: NationStates Map/Roleplay  (Read 476693 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: NationStates Map/Roleplay
« Reply #1080 on: April 27, 2013, 03:36:23 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '104805'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:55:17 AM by FiahOwl »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #1081 on: April 27, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »
pft

does it even move

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #1082 on: April 27, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
pft

does it even move
Of course it can't.

matty406

« Reply #1083 on: April 27, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »
There's a mod that can turn it into an actual sailable boat.
jus' sayin.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1084 on: April 27, 2013, 07:20:33 PM »
i've tried an airship mod which works in the same way the boat mod does probably

it lags terribly and tnt cannons are the most unpredictable things ever

but it's fun

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1085 on: April 27, 2013, 07:21:04 PM »
wait i just realized this wasn't the minecraft/blacraft topic

wth am i doing here

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #1086 on: April 27, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
i've tried an airship mod which works in the same way the boat mod does probably

but it's fun
wait i just realized this wasn't the minecraft/blacraft topic

wth am i doing here

quoted!

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1087 on: April 28, 2013, 10:50:04 AM »
<smjjames>Wheres Ezheato, Kallisto, lovinsia (the big continent on the north pole?) and amalthea on the map>
<smjjames>?
<aeridaskap>matty40 this does take place in 225-230 A.D.
<aeridaskap>smjjames i'll make a map
<smjjames>Not like you guys label the regions with kallisto, lovinsia, etc
<smjjames>I know Aeridani isn't labelled, but I know where that is.
<apu>smjjames spells loviniosa wrong too good i'm not alone

smjjames

« Reply #1088 on: April 28, 2013, 11:24:19 AM »

but it's fun

I played on a server a long while ago that used Flan's mod (I think that's the name anyway) to move things and yes it lagged horribly.

FiahOwl

« Reply #1089 on: April 28, 2013, 11:28:46 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '104833'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:55:01 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1090 on: April 28, 2013, 11:30:14 AM »
i used tha too

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #1091 on: April 28, 2013, 11:40:41 AM »
i use industrial craft

it's really fun we should play on a server with it

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1092 on: April 29, 2013, 05:08:03 PM »
abbreviated history of ancient kolokia (now writing the modern history)

Neolitic Era

Spread of early new tools made of wood and stone. Evidence of civilization first appears in Perlucia, an ancient civilization dating from year -7200. It is the concensus among archaeologists that the Kolokia was first populated from peoples migrating east from Loviniosa. Although archaeological evidence suggests that wooden and stone technology was independently developed by the regional societies of the continent, some theories suggest that technology percipitated east from Loviniosa by groups in close contact with each other.

The moderate climate and proximity to large herds of <animal> made the land surrounding the Bay of Vilon a viable location for civilization. However, due to a lack of fresh water, migration was scarce and the population of Perlucia stayed fairly constant for nine centuries. As Perlucian society gradually became adapted to the scarcity of water, it spread outwards, meanwhile spawning new settlements throughout the bay, three of which would later become the Wevt, Loisson, and Sagian nations

Meanwhile, a wave of migration occurred across the Yuti Isthmus as Loviniosan tribes followed the motion patterns of large animals. Evidence of continuous human civilizations over a period of several thousand years was found, including stone buildings and axes around the Dolesan region. Due to decay, however, wood yokes and other wooden tools were not unearthed. As tribes continued to migrate into Kolokia, they grouped together for protection from each other. In addition, as an unforgiving climate made life difficult, most small tribes perished or were assimilated into larger societies. Although these northern civilizations never organized themselves into definite nations, an extensive network of trade routes, familial bonds, and alliances tightly linked them together.

Bronze Age

The collapse of Perlucian society is the single most influential event in Kolokia during the Bronze Age. In the third millenium BC, hostile invaders from Loviniosa and northern Kolokian tribes temporarily united, destroying vital infrastructure and dealing a fatal blow to the Perlucians. As they collapsed, the Loissonians dominated most of southern Kolokia for a majority of the Bronze Age. By trading with Loviniosans for new technologies, they subdued their competitors and expanded their influence on the Wevt and Sagian civilizations. A significant contribution to the understanding of the Loissonian civilization and its culture is a carved granite column engraved with antiquated form of <language>. Much of what is known of the culture and lifestyle of the Loissoans derives from the column.

Although the Loissonians maintained a hegemony over Vilon states during the the fourth, third, and second millenium, historical records that were found indicate that they were abruptly wiped out within a century around year -2000. There are no clear records of what transpired, but most agree that foreign invasion, possibly originating from <place> was the cause of the dissapearance. By studying linguistic trends, it is clear that the a large group of Loissoan people moved east and settled in Cohom.

The Loisson civilization never fully recovered from the foreign attacks. Eventually, they disintegrated into multiple city-states which dotted the region. Instead of being ruled by a single monarch or soverign as before, these city-states often had a council or assembly of powerful and wealthy aristocrats which ruled.

In the north, a single chieftan had managed to unite the tribes as the Empire of Dolesan, a powerful trading empire that stretched across the northern portion of the Kolokian Peninsula. The Dolesans traded with <loviniosan country> and Loisson alike, although this neutrality would later prove to be its downfall.

Classical Period

The city-state of Sagia gradually rose to power in the shadow of Loisson collapse. By employing total warfare, the Sagian army subdued and vassalized several island city-states, giving Sagia control to several key ports and rivers. Iron tools and weapons were now ubiquitous througout Loviniosa, but to a lesser degree in Kolokia. By employing Lovinsian methods of iron production against nearby city-states, Sagia enjoyed domination of the Vilon region to an even greater extent than the Loissoans did.

During the 17th century BC, the governing body of Sagia had become increasingly discordant. Two factions opposed each other due to cultural differences and could not cooperate on anything. As a result, increasing friction between the aristocracy resulted in murders and bloodshed. Seeing this opportunity, seveal vassals of Sagia choose the time to revolt and a civil war broke out in several regions. It would take several decades before the rebellion was quelled.

At the same time, the Loissonians who moved east to Cohomia had developed their own society. The Cohomians formed a democratic government and was the first direct democracy in Kolokia. They quickly colonized the east coast of Kolokia, assimilating and living peacefully with the resident natives that were a result of an even older wave of migration from Loviniosa. The Dolesan Empire, affected by internal revolts and power struggles, did not interfere.

Seeing an opportunity during the Sagian Civil War, the Cohomians created strong alliances with several of the revolting states. Sagia saw this as a threat and attacked the weaker Cohomian League, however, the attack was unsuccessful. Over the next century, a series of wars waged back and forth between Sagia and Cohomia for control of key rivers and ports with no clear victor. War was a significant factor in the acceleration of technological advancement; by the end of the 16th century BC, steel was ubiquitous in weaponry and armor.

Due to bad practice in agriculture, the overworked soil, depleted in nutrients and minerals, yielded less food than it had in previous years. A short period of drought, dealt a large amount of damage to Sagia's food supply, resulting in famine and unrest in the country. Soon, a single city-state slipped from Sagia's sphere of influence and into Cohomia's. Further states switched alliegiance and the Cohomian League became increasingly powerful. For the first time, Cohomia launched a series of offensive wars against Sagia, defeating it.

Intergration of the former Sagian city-state proved to be difficult. Sagian patriots proved to be stubborn and resistant. The military government that was installed to prevent revolution in Sagia staged a coup and overthrew the democratic government, turning Cohomia into a dictatorship and giving the generals nearly unlimited power.

Driven by a desire to unite Kolokia, the Cohomian League attacked the Empire of Dolesan in the 1430 BC. The current monarch had a week grip on the states of Dolesan; some joined the war against Cohomia while joined the war with them. <lovinsian state>, an ally of Dolesan, pulled out of the war and cut their losses. In the end, the Empire of Dolesan relinquished a large portion of its lands.

The reign of Cohomia over the Kolokian Peninsula was a decentralized one. Diverse languages and culture made for much social turmoil: In particular, the northern portion of Cohomia based their language, cultures, and traditions heavily on that of the Loviniosans while the southern portion had modified their language since adapting it from Loviniosan migrators so heavily it was nearly unrecognizable. In addition, the assimilation of the Dolesan Empire was hardly seamless -- subjects were treated harshly and discriminated against, cause for more than a few attempted rebellions.

By -843, a combination of political unrest, a decaying military, raids from the north border, and civil war ended the role of Cohomia as the dominant force in Kolokia and split the Empire into a northern and southern faction, known as Biodry and Kallisto respectively.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #1093 on: April 29, 2013, 05:10:21 PM »
wow they should put this in textbooks

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #1094 on: April 29, 2013, 05:10:36 PM »
how many chars is that

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1095 on: May 01, 2013, 04:35:31 PM »

matty406

« Reply #1096 on: May 02, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »

Ethanthovan_Navy.jpg
This is funny if you know how cartridges work

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #1097 on: May 02, 2013, 07:13:52 PM »
teel me how cartidges work

matty406

« Reply #1098 on: May 03, 2013, 04:10:29 AM »
in all guns that use bullets/shells, a firing pin (aka hammer) strikes the bottom of the cartridge which ignites all the explosive inside the shell which pushes the actual bullet part, the projectile, out of the shell. when this happens in a gun's chamber and barrel, all this pressure is used to drive the projectile down and out the barrel at great speeds.

tl;dr, the guy is pretending to hit the back of the shell which would set it off.

FiahOwl

« Reply #1099 on: May 03, 2013, 04:34:42 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '105062'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:54:21 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1100 on: May 03, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »
i think that's called primitive shoulder-mounted missile

matty406

« Reply #1101 on: May 03, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »
unfortunately it probably wouldn't work.

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #1102 on: May 10, 2013, 06:00:03 AM »
wee

FiahOwl

« Reply #1103 on: May 11, 2013, 02:14:19 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '105416'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:45:54 AM by FiahOwl »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1104 on: May 11, 2013, 02:15:45 PM »
wtf kind of name is paqueconnokctosyanotalifocatilo

anyways darvincian language does not use c's

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1105 on: May 11, 2013, 08:53:06 PM »
kolwt

FiahOwl

« Reply #1106 on: May 12, 2013, 04:51:21 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '105432'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:45:50 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1107 on: May 12, 2013, 06:30:12 AM »
kkkkkkkkkkombo

FiahOwl

« Reply #1108 on: May 12, 2013, 07:17:10 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '105438'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:45:46 AM by FiahOwl »

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #1109 on: May 12, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
how do you tell the difference between katana and catana
whats a catana? =P