Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: IWantToBeAnAstronaut.txt  (Read 1283 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
IWantToBeAnAstronaut.txt
« on: January 27, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »
NASA Approves Advanced Lasik for Use on Astronauts (and Hopefuls)

Second, there is the physical requirements. Astronauts have to be in a particular height range which is somewhere between 5ft. and 6ft. 4 in.

I'll fit there.

All U.S. civilians and active duty military personnel with a bachelorís degree in engineering, science or math and three years of professional experience meet the requirements to apply to become the next highest class of astronaut candidates on Earth.

Bachelor's degrees in the United States are typically designed to be completed in four years of full-time study,

I can just imagine telling my science class that I will be applying to become an astronaut after the school year is over.

For people who get laser eye surgery they have to wait a year and provide documentation for the procedure.

Suuree.

Finally there is the grueling astronaut training. All astronauts have to go through 2 years of training to become astronauts. During that period they read manuals and learn how to operate various tools and instruments on the space shuttle as well as the space station. They also undergo underwater survival training and zero gravity chamber training to prepare for weightlessness in space. If an astronaut completes the training they will become officially part of NASA and will be required to stay on for 5 years be considered permanent employees.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:15:03 AM by FiahOwl »