Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: (Unofficial) Universe Sandbox Bug Thread  (Read 4776 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
(Unofficial) Universe Sandbox Bug Thread
« on: January 20, 2012, 10:33:43 AM »
Bugs here!
Colorcoded:
Minor Annoyance
Urgent, needs to be addressed immediately.
Makes simulator inaccurate/Is very annoying, should be addressed when time available.

• When clicking on the density box, it shows presets on the right. If you click on the earth preset, it sets the density to 5.52 g/cm^3, not 5.51.
  • When you open up the color editor in the physical properties tab and type in a number that is on the list of controls (including '1') into any of the color property boxes, it also activates the same thing in the simulation itself.

Report bugs here. Hopefully Dan will make this official/create an official one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:21:06 PM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

Re: (Unofficial) Universe Sandbox Bug Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »
I just found a bug that could be listed as urgent, but easily avoidable. It's not gamebreaking, but it can mess up your simulation if you aren't aware of it. Actually, I would say put it in the green category.

When you open up the color editor in the physical properties tab and type in a number that is on the list of controls (including '1') into any of the color property boxes, it also activates the same thing in the simulation itself.

Example:

1. Select any object

2. go to physical properties tab and open the color editor

3. type a number such as, say, '6' into any of the color options.

4. observe the gravity being set to negative after you click okay.

It is easily avoidable by either simply pausing US so that you can change the gravity back to where it was or just use the target thing and the slider and not type into the color property boxes.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:12:27 AM by smjjames »