Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: US always crashes on first run  (Read 3498 times)

Chris_Jones

US always crashes on first run
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying US on our school network, and I've run into another Issue

the program will always crash on the first 3-4 times it is run, I think this is to do with the initial simulation it tries to load. This is a problem for us as all our pupils use mandatory profiles, so every time they log in it will act as if it is the first time (all registry and profile changes are lost at logoff) and staff use roaming profiles, so anything saved in the Local section of the profile will not be copied from one machine to another.

are the first run settings stored anywhere? and can they be changed?

Also can the send report feature be suppressed? it is potentially confusing for our users, and cannot actually send reports out of our network anyway.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: US always crashes on first run
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »
This is odd. Are the log files saved after the crash?

Normally they'd be in:
Documents/Universe Sandbox/Logs

Can you email them to me (and include a link to this thread so i know what the problem is)?
dan at universesandbox.com

I'll likely be releasing a minor update in the next week or two and if I'm able to address this problem I could issue a fix then.

bedan

Re: US always crashes on first run
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 04:56:34 AM »
I had the same problem of the simulation (won't call this "game", it's too great to be called a "game") crashing on startup and it blames it on some error in the initial simulation it tries to load, however I got the option to "start normally" which works. If I select "load the simulation anyway" or something similar to that, it hard crashed on me. After starting up the simulation 4-5 times the malfunciton seemed to disappear and now runs normally. I will e-mail you my crash-logs.