Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Open your window.  (Read 6030 times)

Darvince

• 差不多
Open your window.
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:16:33 PM »
Hear that? It's the sound of depression. Childhood is wasted in the hole known as school, where children are indoctrinated to believe that it is the only way to get on, and it is made so by their constant threats of adulthood requiring schooling to get in to a job. High school is basically filler, trying to "prepare you for college", with the same stakes, but slightly higher, than elementary and middle school. University or college is the determining factor of how bad the majority of your life is, with less university or college being that your life is somewhat worse, while more university or college being a better life.

During the first half of this period, you are generally hounded by your parents to do well in school, as it is how high schools and colleges let you in, and to advance to the next grade, to get out of the cycle. You will usually get a car during this period, as it is the main way to get around in North America and Australia, and a very good way to get around in Europe, while not the best. You will also get more privileges and freedom, because of the high levels of distrust from parents to small children. As a teenager, the distrust will usually return due to recent stereotypes that teenagers are not capable of being functioning human beings, but it will fade dramatically during your late teen years as you legally become an adult in most first world nations.

People who generally do better are heading on to a slightly better life, because they will make more money, therefore being able to buy more things to distract them from the massive depression that life is. People that have normal standards are generally headed on to a worse life, as they will be able to get fewer things to distract them. Life after this point has many variables, which I will go into detail with below.

Those with a better life will usually get a large house, and have more than enough income to sustain their somewhat extravagant lifestyles, with work being their reward. CEOs are usually very good at this, rubbing in others' faces what their income is, not their achievements, as they usually have few of the latter. Those of the lower high incomes are usually more normal, having a couple children going through the previously mentioned steps, and having work as their reward for being either strong-willed, or very intelligent people. These middle-high people usually are very skilled in their work areas, with jobs that easily sustain their high-entertainment budget.

The people in the middle are usually the people that were hounded by their parents previously, and have fallen into a normal job. These people will usually have slightly more children on average, having to support usually a slightly larger family. With their entertainment budgets being slightly limited, they usually gift their children entertainment to unknowingly keep their children less motivated to think. They usually have very busy lives to support their children, and instill the normal ethics in them.

The lowest third of the population in terms of income, with inflation increasing the way it is today, and their pay not increasing, are being able to get less and less entertainment, and usually had a downfall that cast them into their poorness. Their situation is only slightly different from the middle group, except that their entertainment budget is limited to simple things, and "grand" things such as a Wii or a computer on their children's birthdays. The lowest part of this group is the most depressing, usually just barely getting by to have even a house, and work longer hours to keep their houses. Sometimes, they live with their grandparents, or their other relatives such as their brothers or sisters so that they can all get by.

For the lowest two halves, once they retire, if they live to that stage, they usually have a sum of money to live out the end of their lives in peace, rest, and harmony. However, this is usually spoiled as simple injuries become major handicaps, causing many to have to live with their children in order to not go into a nursing home, which is the most depressing of the fates an elderly person has (confirmed by horror stories about neglect). Sometimes, in the top of the two thirds, they will gather enough funds to have their own house for a while until their handicaps grow too great and they have to move in with kin, also due to high medical bill costs.

The top third of the incomes usually have a great sum of money saved up, spending their last years making it the greatest with vacations and relaxing every day, and when their problems become too great, they hire someone or go to their children, as they may want to be with their grandchildren, as they bring the elderly great joy. Their last days are usually in a hospice, dying in care.

The elderly sometimes die in a more peaceful way than most, dying during their sleep. However, others will die due to horrible diseases or poorer choices during their childhood, adolescence, or adulthood, causing them diabetes only raising their issues that they have. The two main horrible diseases, known as Alzheimer and dementia, cause them to forget very simple things, eventually causing them to either forget how to breathe, or kill them due to the huge stress on their brain.

Btw, I was keeping back tears while writing the last third, and anger while writing the first third. My recent odd dilemma drove me to write this.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:27:35 PM by Darvince »

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
Re: Open your window.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 11:18:11 PM »
Open your window. Hear that? It's the sound of people cheering for you.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 06:37:52 AM »
Open your window. Hear that? It's the sound of people cheering for you.
I concur.

Wow.

I commend you for your usage of a freeform structure not seen in schools.

smjjames

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 07:05:31 AM »
Are you feeling okay darvince? Sounds like one of your grandparents passed away.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »
No, since I have been writing very small posts for a while, I decided that it was beneficial to write this because:
a) I could just pour out all that I've been want to write for a long time
b) I could show just how depressing everything actually is
c) Writing this ended my depression that had been trying to build up

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 08:18:05 AM »
Minecraft does a pretty good job at distracting us from the massive depression, though. Right?

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 08:24:25 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '52718'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:28:39 AM by FiahOwl »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 10:49:49 AM »
MLP does a pretty good job at distracting us from the massive depression, though. Right?
eeyup

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 10:59:08 AM »
Map War 2 does a pretty good job at distracting us from the massive depression, though. Right?
eeyup
Waitasecondnue!

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 11:01:31 AM »
Nop

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 11:05:36 AM »
:(

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »
Youtube does a pretty good job at distracting us from the massive depression, though. Right?

FiahOwl

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 11:38:29 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '52755'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:28:15 AM by FiahOwl »

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 11:39:04 AM »
Your mom does a pretty good job at distracting us from the massive depression, though. Right?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »
ahahha tl;read it anyway

Naru523

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »
I like homework.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 06:03:28 PM »
nids more explosions

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 07:56:01 PM »

Naru523

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 08:09:26 PM »
btw, what if we don't have windows?

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 05:29:12 AM »
the door. :P

FiahOwl

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 06:04:26 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '61935'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:15:59 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 07:34:28 AM »
the door. :P

What if we live under a rock?

Your rock has no door? That's fail.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 12:20:34 PM »
this is such bad grammar i want to mock it but it would make past me in another universe commit suicide instead of recovering from depression

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
this is such bad grammar i want to mock it but it would make past me in another universe commit suicide instead of recovering from depression
How is this bad grammar?

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
if incorrect grammer makes you depressed

FiahOwl

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '110219'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:36:19 AM by FiahOwl »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 08:49:48 PM »
why did you bump this I am posting a new thread