Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NationStates  (Read 487885 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: NationStates
« Reply #810 on: August 10, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqXNpALRcpv9dGltQ0UzVVdWazdBZEhPR1dQYk4td2c&pli=1#gid=0
i've done a lot of statistics today and this is some of what i've found:
the average nation dissapearing brings 1.1 billion people with it; less than half of the average population (although this could be off by a lot, due to nations being refounded, which i tried to adjust for, but it's hard).

On average, 24 kallistos worth of people; about 0.8 trillion ns citizens vanish per day, and about 0.5 trillion are born

the average population has increased from 2.18 trillion in 6/9/12 to 2.39 trillion today.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #811 on: August 14, 2012, 01:44:09 PM »
:I

4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.

First time: Increases civil lefts by 2. Second time: Doesn't change civil lefts.

...But I still wonder how the law got repealed. (*dun dun dun?*)

smjjames

« Reply #812 on: August 16, 2012, 07:00:34 AM »
Heh on this one....

I'm going for the last opton.

The Empire Strikes First?
The Issue

Reports indicate that several neighbouring nations are engaged in major weapons programs in contravention of international law and treaty, focusing public discourse on Kaeshar's foreign policy—specifically, its position on preemptive strikes.
The Debate

"We need to respond to these terrorist scumbags!" roars General Lucas du Pont, turning a slightly alarming shade of purple. "I say we announce any illegal weapons program will be treated as an act of war! The risk of harsh words turning into an endless conflict that mires our troops in far-off lands for years at a time is a small price to pay for national security! If you don't act now, these foreigners will think they can push us around forever! They must be taught a lesson, for the good of the Empire!"

Diplomatic bureaucrat Roxanne Fellow remarks calmly, "There's no need to go off half-cocked. It would be much better if we used an appropriate international body—the World Assembly, say, or a The United Pacific States tribunal—to investigate these rumours objectively for us. That way we have the international community on our side, and no one can accuse us of playing judge and jury. It will be well worth the extra diplomatic costs and bureaucratic red tape."

"If these countries don't respect international law, why would they respect international agencies?" wonders political analyst Heather Barnes. "Our neighbours are acquiring these weapons for a reason: no one wants to pick a fight with a country that has weapons of mass destruction. The solution is simple: if we have WMDs of our own, they won't dare to strike at us. It may seem mad, but in this crazy world, it's the sanest thing we could do."

Noted pacifist and tambourine artist Hack Song replies, "As usual, our nation's proud leaders can only see violent solutions to our problems abroad. Wouldn't it be refreshing if they focused on achieving peace through communication and accommodation, rather than force of arms? You may call me a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #813 on: August 16, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »
Blaist Blaland would have done the same.

Dartomic, are you forgetting Nausikkak? :I

And Mattias, when will we get a comment on what happened here? (I thought the economy couldn't do something like that in very old nations actually)

And does anyone know the limit between "world benchmark" and "excessive" political freedoms?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:15:04 AM by Bla »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #814 on: August 16, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »
86 points methinks

matty406

« Reply #815 on: August 16, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »
We were elated about the increase then blew it all on booze, drugs, and various other hedonist escapades.
But actually, I don't know I can't remember what issues there were then, but there must've been two that contributed to it. Civil rights notched up from it though so that might be an indicator as to what happened.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #816 on: August 30, 2012, 05:56:24 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '79662'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:05:39 AM by FiahOwl »

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #817 on: August 30, 2012, 03:51:49 PM »
we're a naughty muslim nation

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #818 on: August 30, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »
1 day 17 hours ago: Darvincia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.

WHAT
WHAT THE PONY
WHAT THE PONY IS HAPPEN

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #819 on: August 30, 2012, 10:10:53 PM »
Kol. Redbow is one of the least armed (in TUPS second last after Ethanthova). It must be measuring how many guns common citizens have, and not have anything to do with the military. At least guns are only allowed in the military in Redbow.
But did you even allow your citizens to have guns or haven't you got any issue on that?

FiahOwl

« Reply #820 on: August 31, 2012, 05:39:45 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '79697'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:05:34 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #821 on: August 31, 2012, 05:59:37 AM »
Following new legislation in government skirts, millions of Starrie citizens are deported to Redbow in order to hijack sikkels.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #822 on: August 31, 2012, 06:04:55 AM »
>winning against aliens

hah

FiahOwl

« Reply #823 on: August 31, 2012, 06:49:43 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '79721'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:05:31 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #824 on: August 31, 2012, 06:55:52 AM »
why do you want to kill other aliens be killed by other lifeforms?

FiahOwl

« Reply #825 on: August 31, 2012, 06:56:39 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '79728'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:05:25 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #826 on: August 31, 2012, 06:57:53 AM »
are you asking me.

thats

bad idea.

FiahOwl

« Reply #827 on: August 31, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '79734'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:05:22 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #828 on: August 31, 2012, 06:59:38 AM »
did yu just answer your own question.

smjjames

« Reply #829 on: August 31, 2012, 07:01:05 AM »
I don't think Kaeshar is Agressive or Expansionist.....

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #830 on: August 31, 2012, 07:07:40 AM »
official kallisto policy is to never attack first, and to be involved in only nuclear war.

meanwhile,

following some cute experiments, the vast majority of starrians are either seen wearing government-issued hazmat suits and fashionable lead skirts or dead.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #831 on: August 31, 2012, 07:09:24 AM »
KOL

Code: [Select]
The Nomadic Peoples of Roslina and her Observatory (New. 3 days 21 hours ago)
Hell, ye fellow puppet master! I come to you from the Imperial Palace of Fandom with a deal that can shake the very supports of NationStates. At the Imperial Palace of Fandom, we have a near to impossible goal. One that can only dream to be achieved with your help. We wish to create a constant puppet flow in the region, have people puppet flood the region at all times. Why, you ask?
Because we aim to outnumber the population of any feeder region. We aim to become the largest region NS has ever seen, with more than ten thousand regions.
Impossible, you say! And I agree: impossible. Impossible if I do this on my own. That is why we at the Imperial Palace of Fandom need you. Move your puppets there or, if you do not want to do that, create puppets to move there. You don't have to keep track of them. Everytime one ceases to exist, make more! Flood the region with puppet fury! We ask you, as a fellow puppet lover, to assit us. Only with you can we break this NS record.
Two simple rules- if you flood, please TG The Mother of the Empire of Retro Lyra to tell her that you are doing so. You need to add your main nation's initials to each puppet's motto (Example: I make a nation called Greyastan and my main nation is Grey Grey. It's motto would be "I love colors. GG.").
I really, really hope to see you there. This impossible dream can only be accomplished with your help.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #832 on: August 31, 2012, 07:10:48 AM »
not sure if *blank* or *blank* http://www.nationstates.net/nation=thorpe

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #833 on: September 01, 2012, 03:36:02 PM »
Holykol

Blapproved

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #834 on: September 01, 2012, 03:38:17 PM »
kolkute

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #835 on: September 02, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »
kol

"Now, hold on a second. What about us?" asks Wil Explodonism, the CEO of a national paper supplier. "We might not have the flash of an electronic system, but I'll tell you what we do have: quality customer service. You're saying fires are bad. Well, we hear you loud and clear. Stick with us and not only will we make physical copies of all the files to store in different locales, but I'll get my research team to whip up some fire-resistant paper too. Let's see those IT poindexters do all that!"

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #836 on: September 02, 2012, 06:33:40 PM »
"It's not our war? It's not our war?" cries (in)famous Starrie-born pooist Peter Eliot. "Well maybe it's time it became our war! Starrie should take a more active, and by 'active' I mean 'hostile', role in international politics! This ethnic squabbling will be over when the war is over, and WE can end that war and purge the impure! Calm down, deeply and unfairly oppressed peoples!! Sieg Starrie!"

oshitwut

smjjames

« Reply #837 on: September 02, 2012, 10:07:03 PM »
"Tourism Tanking!" Trumpet Tabloids
The Issue

Following a public safety disaster of unimaginable magnitude - so extreme that members of your government only mention it in hushed voices, and only then in the vaguest of terms - Kaeshar's tourism industry has hit the rocks. Commentators from all walks of life have come to your office to offer their opinions.
The Debate

"The government has to step in and do something, for once!" demands tour operator Bianca Dovey, visibly pulling her hair out. "If we'd had proper railings on the marina, that shark would never have gotten into the oil refinery in the first place! The government has to put better regulations in place to make sure disasters of this kind never happen again. And if we want to coax back the tourists we've lost, we need a whole bunch of new state-subsidised hotels, parks and tourist attractions. Shark-proof ones. Our economy will never survive without it!"

Uh, wait, what do railings have to do with keeping sharks out of oil refineries?

"Why waste more money?" grumbles middle-aged industrialist Dave Singh, chomping on a fat cigar, "Look. I'm as sorry as the next schmuck for those poor farmers' ant epidemic. But we've got to realise that tourism is just not Kaeshar's strong suit; and that's not going to change, no matter how much the state spends. Hell, if the government really wanted to do something to fix our economy, it'd be to give everyone a healthy tax-cut and get rid of some of that environmental legislation - set up for the benefit of a bunch of tree-hugging foreigners, I might add."

So what, I'll just invest in organic ant repellent.

"I think I've got another solution to this problem," says your shadiest government advisor, waving a magazine spread of bathing beauties sunning themselves at the Raptinian Grand Regent. "Now we're not goin' to be able to hide the fact that Raptinian is now covered in pink frosting, but... what if the inspectors an' tour guides an' all those types of folks just didn't notice all that mess? After all, we don't have the money to clear it all up, but I think we do have just about enough to dangle a few Fossilias in front of anyone who wants to give our nation a good review. After all, a few firm golden handshakes never hurt no-one."

Theres ALWAYS the underground, backroom deal option.

I can see the cause of the ant epidemic. Oh I know, lets have the ants clean it up for free!.

Yeah, I dismissed the issue.....

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #838 on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »
ooh smjjames acting like nationstates is a serious game
* Darvince labels smjjames "srspants specimen 38"

smjjames

« Reply #839 on: September 02, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »
ooh smjjames acting like nationstates is a serious game
* Darvince labels smjjames "srspants specimen 38"