Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Black Hole Suggestions and experimentationings with light pulse.  (Read 4239 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Black Hole Suggestions and experimentationings with light pulse.
« on: December 15, 2011, 07:29:10 PM »
Universe Sandbox should include a Schwarzschild radius option for objects. If the object isn't dense enough, then you won't have one. It would work much like the roche limit sphere we have now.

If you want to manually know the equation, it's

"The Schwarzschild radius is proportional to the mass with a proportionality constant involving the gravitational constant and the speed of light:

where:
 is the Schwarzschild radius;
 is the gravitational constant;
 is the mass of the gravitating object;
 is the speed of light in vacuum.
The proportionality constant, 2G/c2, is approximately 1.48×10−27 m/kg, or 2.95 km/solar mass.
An object of any density can be large enough to fall within its own Schwarzschild radius,
[citation needed]
where:
 is the volume of the object;
 is its density."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarzschild_radius#Formula_for_the_Schwarzschild_radius

Anyway, after messing around for a couple minutes, i can conclude that the density of an object in universe sandbox has no effect on light particles. You need a large enough mass to prevent light from escaping a black hole.

-an object near the "critical mass" will slow light pulses escaping.

-light pulses pass through objects (according to atomic)

-light pulses seem to form around an object, not direction on the point its located...i could be mistaken.

-because the above two points, an object above the "critical mass" will send a light pulse flying faster than the speed of light in the opposite direction rather then making the light pulse dissapearing in a vortex of gravity.

-the "critical mass" is between 2700 suns and 2900 suns. this is for a density of *alot* (i shrunk a sun down to 0.000001 mm, go figure).

-critical mass for a object at earth density is from 4000-5000 suns i'm pretty sure.

-it does matter what the density is. an object below the density of a black hole can affect light pulses with a large enough mass; conversely, an object above the density of a black hole may not be able to trap light pulses if it's mass is below around 300 suns.

-

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:34:43 PM by mudkipz »