Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Velocity Color Suggestion  (Read 4372 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Velocity Color Suggestion
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »
The trail should change color as it slows or speeds up, so it may be green an the end, but where the planet is now it's purple, and the trail is blended by turning aqua, blue, then blue-violet!

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Velocity Color Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:08:54 PM »
That's a good idea and something I've considered.

It makes trails more complicated because, in part, it requires more data to be saved about each trail point and there's issues with the granularity (detail) of how often this data needs to be saved in order to display the colors correctly.

Maybe I'll do this next year. :)

hbmp88

• Please visit to help! http://ucallyptis.myminicity
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
That would make me dizzy. :D All those patterns and colors and lines I would just want to pass out. But that's me.

Chaotic Cow

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • President of Bovine Relations
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 01:18:39 PM »
Could make it an option, no? :D

Like separate from the original velocity option.

hbmp88

• Please visit to help! http://ucallyptis.myminicity
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 05:58:45 PM »
like a pop out list:   color                        color                                    color
                               ------                        ------                                   --------
                              velocity                   velocity -entire trail             velocity
                              -entire trail    or                   -segmented   or          ^     
                              -segmented                                                        entire
                                                                                                         partial
                                                                                                        _______
                                                                                                             v
or something like that... the third is a list that scrolls to more options that come in the future/

HallowedError

• The inquisitive mind
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 11:01:17 PM »
I like it how it is. But making an option could be interesting