Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox - Imaginary & Real Universe Pack (Will be released soon)  (Read 5515 times)

AndronsFilms

• Brazilian Alpha Tester
did you always want to make any star that you see on google Sky ?

yeah im making one systems imaginary.... etc here its the graphic

Imaginary : 70% need planet textures, and system

Real Systems ... and any star that you see on google sky : 0%

I need people who are creative ,people that are nice on skining and people that informs the systems on real time or any star dot on the sky and google sky or stellarium

Members:
AndronsFilms

smjjames

Re: Universe Sandbox - Imaginary & Real Universe Pack (Will be released soon)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:38:08 PM »
Sounds interesting, don't know if I'll join though.

As for real stars, there are a few systems already in US that give a good start up to 16 parsecs (how many light years is that?) and the 300 hearest stars. Although most of them don't have any actual data set for the real star.

Also, you should decide on how many stars you want to do and how far away they are. US can only handle so much and depending on whats going on, 1000+ objects would make some computers choke. And thats if you're doing the stars themselves without any additional objects.

Edit: Fact check fail on my part with the number of objects, heh.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:30:09 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
10,000?! 1,000 slows my computer down to an unacceptable level :P

We already have a buncha textures out there. Stars shouldn't be too different at all to make. Just Search>Textures>and browse through the threads. You might need to edit the images a little to make them brighter or darker if you want to make them look like stars. Realistic star textures...they're not really special...mostly just one color...i suppose you could have sunspots..but thats about all. I personally just change the tint of the star with the color option thingy.

smjjames

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 04:29:24 PM »
That was a fact check fail for me, I thought I had 12,200 objects in my current system, but its 12 hundred. 10K objects would probably crash my computer, or most peoples computers.

At any rate, its the system that I'm trying to do an accretion on, imagined Alpha Centauri system and it has yet to hit one hour timestep with the auto bar all the way into the red, heck, it hasn't even breached 6 minutes and is usually on a couple of minutes timestep. While the amount would be mostly to blame, I'm currently combing through the objects to see if theres any close orbiting objects that are forcing the sim to slow down. Although as the objects spread out, I'll see if theres any improvement.

Edit: It's also possible that some may be orbiting each other without actually having the gravitational relationship line to each other as I've observed a few that seem to be doing a binary type orbit around each other.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:42:59 PM by smjjames »

AndronsFilms

• Brazilian Alpha Tester
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 06:40:48 PM »
No im saying that id you found a star on the sky and if want to make a system with it you are ready ... if u want to make a imaginary ok... im not american im brazilian if u guys want to use stellarium and google sky it will help a lot

because on the pack will have 7 imaginary system ,galaxy colision , etc and 60 real simulations

Max stars or object on simulation 50

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
cool, where is the pack, or are you still making it.

AndronsFilms

• Brazilian Alpha Tester
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 07:39:22 PM »
Yeah i still doing but Imaginary 100% real simulation 10%