Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Crashlog server down? (or wherever the crash info is sent is down)  (Read 5898 times)

smjjames

The last couple of crashes, I've been getting a message that it was unable to connect to the database or something,

smjjames

Re: Crashlog server down? (or wherever the crash info is sent is down)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:44:34 AM »
Still not working for me, can anybody please confirm whether the crashwindow that you get when US crashes (unless it's a windows based crash that it doesn't come up for) is having issues with sending the crashlog and asks to use email? And yes my internet is working fine.

smjjames

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »
Hey Bla, where did your post go?

Anyways, since you mentioned the feedback box, I didn't think to check that one. However, the feedback box works fine.

Maybe try something that is known to cause a crash? Try moving the eccentricity of an object until the window says NaN light years or something and try to change it, that can crash US, or just end up deleting the object.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »
Silly post, apparently it got got angry after I clicked the "Remove" button and went away.

I didn't actually send anything, but just checked if the box worked if I clicked on feedback in the main menu. So I can't say anything about the problem.

smjjames

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 11:24:18 AM »
Probably only Dan knows whether it connects to the same server, but what I was trying to say is that trying to send it normally gave me the error.

As long as I don't mess around too much with the absolute space points (their creation is annoying :P ), I don't crash much (there have been a few crashes that didn't make that box come up, windows based crashes maybe), however the one I am referring to in the second post is a wierd one and I have no idea how it happened, but after US loaded and I reloaded the sim, the real time= box said infinite M years for some reason when I tried to set the timestep to keep it from going crazy on unpause. Might have had something to do with me using the chart mode, selecting origional (just to see what that was) and then going back to live.

After I reloaded US, I got some wierd program hang for some reason, so I did a computer reboot since I had left US running overnight.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I made some changes to the server that handles feedback and crashes, so let me know if you still have problems sending this info.

I expect the major update coming next year will fix many of your issues.

smjjames

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »
Heh, have I been flooding you or something?  ;) j/k

Anyways, thanks for the heads up and in the next minor update, could you fix the eccentricity box so that it has the degree symbol? I believe you're already aware of it, but it does need to be fixed since you can't type a new number in without it glitching out (the others are fine I think). For now I just have to be REALLY careful with the slider.

Edit: I can confirm that it's working now. Had a crash due to not erasing trails before saving (most likely cause) and when I reloaded, US got overloaded I guess.

Edit2: It also somehow erased the save I had made, so I ended up losing a nights worth of accretion simulation :P , but eh well, better than losing days worth of it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:59:02 AM by smjjames »

smjjames

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:13:30 PM »
It's back down again, although it might be attributed to the server resetting for the new year or dunno.

Anyways, since clicking the email option makes it go to MS Outlook, which I don't use, I'll have to send directly from my own email.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »
I had the largest influx of users ever during the recent Steam sale, so I suspect this is the cause.

Let me know if you're still having problems. It should be working fine now.

smjjames

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 07:39:40 PM »
It's back down again as it failed to send a crash which was due to object count overload.

smjjames

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »
Still down, had another one due to what might have been dust overload from exploding objects....

smjjames

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 03:05:40 PM »
Hmm, this one is strange, I got an out of memory error, which I've never seen for Ubox. After I clicked okay, it asked if i was connected to the internet (which obviously, I am, as you can see in the taskbar).

Also, I should note that I only have 80 something objects total.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:14:10 PM by smjjames »