Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Galaxy NGC 300 doesn't seem to want to be gravitationally affected, also, a Q  (Read 3576 times)

smjjames

What I mean is that the projected path for that one doesn't seem to want to curve sometimes, also, are there more Galaxy 'skins' available?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
You can modify galaxy skins by changing/replacing the files in the universe sandbox folder (either in your documents or program files folder, don't remember). Also, projected paths can often be off a lot when there are multiple bodies. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

smjjames

Okay, and the simulation is acting screwy with the galaxies when I try to set a speed, it'll sometimes revert to 0. NGC 300 keeps giving me trouble with that for some reason.....

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
screenshot please? Or upload the sim so i can fool around with it.

smjjames

Okay, here it is just before I set it to accuracy mode and changed the timestep to 30,000 years. May have to change the timestep though, and is it normal for NGC 55 to screw itself up almost immediately?

Edit: Wiki says that it's an irregular galaxy anyway, so nm, looks like its trying to turn itself into a wierd spiral or something.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
no. because galaxy's have one point of mass and the rest is just dust, that probably woudn't happen.

smjjames

I do have three galaxy masses close to each other, so that was probably it.