Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Titan is shaping up like Pre-Earth  (Read 10039 times)

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life

Magnetar

Re: Titan is shaping up like Pre-Earth
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »
What I ask myself if it is possible to get a good climate on titan. Since you are also getting times in which the planet is only covered by the shadow of jupiter.

witold

• Sorry for my bad english (if he is)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »
Since you are also getting times in which the planet is only covered by the shadow of jupiter.

Its a moon and Saturn moon

Magnetar

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »
Since you are also getting times in which the planet is only covered by the shadow of jupiter.

Its a moon and Saturn moon

Damn it.
Though both are gas giants.  :D

hbmp88

• Please visit to help! http://ucallyptis.myminicity
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 04:53:25 PM »
LOL common mistake. Too many moons to remember.

Naru523

• let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:32:05 PM »
Luna, Deimos, Phobos, Io, Europa, Callisto, Ganymede, Koma, Sunar, Titan, Mimas, Garspan, Gusgus... wait WHAT!?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 09:47:34 AM »
MAJOR MOONS note, I just threw in the inner most irregular moon of Juypiter, and Pheobe, is a large outer moon of Saturn.

Moons in odd orbits

Earth: Luna
Mars: Phobos, Diemos
Jupiter: Metis, Adrstea, Amalthea, Thebe, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Themisto
Saturn: Pan, Daphnis, Atlas, Prometheus, Pandora, Epimetheus, Janus, Aegeon, Mimas, Methone, Anthe, Pallene, Enceladus, Tethys, Telesto, Calypso, Dione, Helene, Polydueces, Rhea, Titan, Hyperion, Iapetus, Phoebe
Uranus: to be added later
Neptune (ALL): Naiad, Thallassa, Despina, Galatea, Larrissa, Proteus, Triton, Neried, Halimede, Laomedia, Sao, Psamathe, Neso

Magnetar

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »
Thanks for listing the moons, but I think I can find these almost everytime on wikipedia.
Overall it's also sort of factual based knowledge, which I think is not so important and interesting.  What's more interesting are imo the systems and the differences between them. It's more important to know the difference between Titan and Europa and that both moons have the possibility to develope/harbour conditions for life. It's sort of like knowing the cultural difference between a Chinese and a Japanese, instead of just knowing that one is from Japan and the other one from China, since it's the culture giving these two persons an identity and not the name of their country.