Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 100suns (mass), 1km diameter black hole vs our sun...  (Read 7810 times)

Yannos

100suns (mass), 1km diameter black hole vs our sun...
« on: October 30, 2011, 04:31:12 AM »
I have this thing for creating and observing very small volumewise objects with huge masses which devour far larger objects with way less mass.

And this is how this simulation was created. I took a Rigel (17suns mass), reduced diameter to 1 km, locked diameter and increased mass to 100 suns just to create a gravitational beast puppy and then watch it devour our sun.

Before impact:

And after impact:

As you can see our "small" sun was drawn towards the gravitational beast but in the end he is "the winner". Thew black hole might have 100 times his mass but the object created by their impact has his volume/diameter AND it is a bright sun. The black hole had so small diameter that could not absorb and keep the entire light of our sun.

Any thoughts? Do you think this is realistic or in reality something completely different would have happened?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: 100suns (mass), 1km diameter black hole vs our sun...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:41:27 AM »
no. The collision mechanics don't work like real life. A black hole would gradually tear apart the star and suck in a stream of gas , creating an accreation disk

smjjames

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
How did you get it to do the accretion disk and tearing apart the star bit?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,4009.0.html
thread has tutorial, directions, pics.

Universe Sandbox 2
it also shows up at 0:40 of this short clip i made.

Yannos

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 02:57:51 AM »
Thank you so much for the reply and the video. I was quite educational and once I got university access to databases it led me to some interesting reads.

Not to mention I had fun recreating it. You have done a great job there.