Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: License  (Read 5967 times)

Twilight60

License
« on: August 08, 2008, 01:50:16 PM »
I love the idea of making your own price but I find it a bit unfair to you, is there like a limit to what you accept?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: License
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »
Thanks for the question.

Name your own price has been an interesting experiment for me and it's working out better than I had expected. :) I didn't want to prevent someone from being able to learn about our Universe just because they can't afford it.

I am very interested in helping people understand how awesome and beautiful our Universe is (and humongous, dangerous, and fantastic). At the same time I've spent almost a year of my life on this and would love to be able to continue to dedicate my full attention to this project.

If you're a school or corporation you need to purchase a license (at a fixed price). Contact me for details. Otherwise the only limit is that $0 isn't really buying anything (and note that both Paypal & Google take around $0.30 + 2.5% of the purchase price for their services).

There's no upper limit. :)

Twilight60

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »
Ok thanks. To me, I think the program is worth $30-$40, possibly $50, due to the fact that it's massive in all fields of what's in sandbox, and that the license is unlimited, it surpasses my expectations. Thanks again and hope to see more things coming in.

Dan Dixon

• Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »
I'm working on a new version right now that I'll be releasing in the next few days.

It includes a number of new features, new systems, minor UI improvements, improved 3D support, and dozens of bug fixes.

FGFG

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »
I would like to add a question about license:

If i format my pc, do i have to reenter the license code to use Universe Sandbox again?

Dan Dixon

• Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 03:33:07 PM »
Yes. If you format your PC and reinstall windows. You will need to reenter your name, email, and license code.

If you can't find it or have any trouble with it, just send me an email.

FGFG

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 04:30:51 AM »
thank you  :)