Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Future Earth  (Read 8123 times)

monmarfori

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
Future Earth
« on: June 25, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »

Naru523

• let's walk the true path of life
Re: Future Earth
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:09:53 PM »
Unless we can change the orbit, that is.

I hope we already can go to the other star systems until the Sun turns into Red Giant.  :(

FGFG

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 12:35:52 PM »
I think that in 7 billions years, if we survive, we will be quite onnipotent. Life was born just 4 billions years ago...

monmarfori

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »
I think that in 7 billions years, if we survive, we will be quite onnipotent. Life was born just 4 billions years ago...
5 billion years the sun will grow. and 7.6 billion years the sun may be engulfing earth. It is 4.5 billion years ago not 4 billion years ago

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 03:49:39 PM »
5 billion years the sun will grow. and 7.6 billion years the sun may be engulfing earth. It is 4.5 billion years ago not 4 billion years ago
Monmarfori, that was earth's birth date. 4 billion is the start of the cambrian era (i think)and life began. The earth was just a tiny rock 5 billion years ago, and 4.5 it was molten rock, and it was cooling but still unlivable.
And btw, in 6 billion years the sun will be a red giant already, and by then MAY have engulfed earth. 7 billion whould bring you to helium flashes, and in a few more My you would be at the point where it is a cooling white dwarf.

FGFG

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 02:52:14 AM »
However i higly doubt that we won't survive to the death of our star. Even if it will grow up and will burn the Earth, we have 5 BILLIONS YEARS OF THECNOLOGICAL EVOLUTION to prepare ourselves to the problem.
200 years ago flying was considered impossible, 100 years ago was born the first aircraft, 60 years later we reached the moon, and now we reached all the planets and many moons and asteroids of our solar system (some of them with robots on their surfaces); we already discovered tens of extra solar planets with the characteristics to sustain life... I'm not worried at all.
The only problems, now, are the uncontrolled grough of the population (and so pollution, less food for everybody, ecc...) and the possibility of a nuclear war that could kill all of us... I'm quite worried about those