Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dust Multiplier problem  (Read 4282 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Dust Multiplier problem
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:59:58 AM »
I've been trying to make more videos like http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,3817.0.html
but with different galaxies. The problem is, to test them out and create new collisions (before i film it in 25 dust multiplier) it works, but when i save it, set the dust multiplier to 25, and then open the file, the galaxies are not at 25 dust multiplier
this is because the default galaxy collision creates the objects everytime the simulation loads, while my save only loads the galaxies instead of starting out as a blank slate and creating them over? Anyway, is there a fix or a possibility this could be fixed in the future/have i missed something glaringly possible and its really not a problem just do this___to fix ?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:12:29 PM by mudkipz »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Dust Multiplier problem
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:12:13 PM »
not to be impatient, (maybe i am) but can i get a response on this? i know dan checks the forum nearly every day, (or at least he was on today). even saying thats it not possible to fix this would be fine

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »
Dust multiplier only works on galaxies that are created from a galaxy spawn. Like you said, loading a saved simulation with various dust multipliers has no effect on the galaxy dust count.

I see the problem, however there's no easy way to fix this at the moment.

Check out the xml file in the galaxy collision ubox file. These galaxies are created with 'spawns' and are effected by dust. You could setup a simulation to test. Then modify that save (using the positions and velocities of the galaxy object) and convert them to 'spawn' galaxies.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 01:13:17 PM »
wha? xml file in the ubox file?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »
Have you used the FileTools to extract the contents of a UBOX file?

You can edit the XML file inside the UBOX file to convert the galaxies into objects that will be affected by the dust multiplier.