Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: South Sudan  (Read 4369 times)

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
South Sudan
« on: July 09, 2011, 12:34:08 AM »
Looks like its officially independent from Sudan, effect as of July ,9 2011, 12:01 AM local time. They got a 99% vote for independence during the 2011 January referundum vote.

Info on South Sudan

Arnstein

Re: South Sudan
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 08:31:24 AM »
Congratulations to South Sudan!

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 11:51:09 AM »
Nice! Gotta go buy a new atlas now... *mumbles* :P

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 12:31:39 PM »
I read that the vast majority of South Sudan wanted to form South Sudan, so congratulations to them for that.

I hope they'll ged rid of the insane law of death penalty to gays which existed in Sudan before.

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »
Not everyone recognized South Sudan, sadly, but I guess it's still early.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 06:53:10 AM »
I see. I'm not surprised.

"It [homosexuality] is not in our character [...] it is not there and if anybody wants to import it to Sudan [...] it will always be condemned by everybody."

The ironic thing is that homosexuality was never imported, it's completely natural and existed long before the homophobia was imported by the very religious European countries which colonized Africa.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »
You don't read it, you just post it assuming his actions and opinions are the exact same as other atheists, or homosexual people, or communists, or other?

http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,8993.msg98744.html#msg98744
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:38:19 PM by Darvince »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
"homophobia"...lol.  You and other gay people use it as a pejorative..ad hominem against others that have a different value system.  The vast majority of these people do not have some type of irrational fear of homosexuality.  But please do keep using that term and like calling white people racist ad infinitum, it will cease to mean anything to rational people.
Being bigoted is not having different values, but lacking any values.

And I certainly will use the word homophobia for this case... Don't you agree that it is homophobic to implement death penalty for gays? There aren't many things which could possibly be more homophobic than that.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »
w00t Philosophy.

1. We construct our own rights and wrongs based on ours and other's experiences. There are rights and wrongs but to everyone, it's different. Had the French Revolution never happened (if I understand that part of history correctly), it would more or less be correct for the majority of the population to be serfs.
2. Depends on your point of view.
3. Depends on your point of view again. Unless something is completely defined and generally accepted (like a law, or the constituition), then there is no right or wrong (anarchy!). So everyone's argument is invalid.

I borked the universe right now.