Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Random Crashes  (Read 3475 times)

Dark Matter

Random Crashes
« on: June 25, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »
I recently downloaded US through my Steam Client when I saw it listed in the new games advertisements.  It caught my attention because I have used many "Gravity" simulators during my DOS days but haven't seen a good one for later Windows OSs. I use Celestia a lot but it is not a gravity simulator in that it does not allow you to create your own universe from scratch. It's more of a real universe simulator with some editing capability. 

I figured I couldn't go too wrong for $10.00 and I still feel it's true because I'm getting a reasonable amount of use out of it. But, I seem to experience random crashes from time to time and it does not seem to involve any particular simulation or setting.  Some sims from the featured area and even simple ones I've created will run for very long times without issue and other times will crash after only 30 mins or so.  There seems to be no reason or consistency with any particular sim.

I'm probably not as familiar with US as others are due to it being somewhat new to me, but is there a crash report generated or a place where the cause of a crash is recorded?  If so, I can post them when they happen if that will help identify why the crash happened.

What I usually get is the Windows Crash Report: (Universe Sandbox has encountered a problem and needs to close.)  I doubt sending a report to Microsoft will help the developer much but I could be wrong.  If so, let me know.  I would prefer to send whatever info I can to the people who can actually do something with it.

US is a great start with huge potential.  I look forward to seeing many updates and added capabilities in the future.