Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: how do i use this.  (Read 3332 times)

fracta

how do i use this.
« on: June 23, 2011, 01:31:51 AM »
I saw this program and bought it straight out because it looks that dam awesome. However, this has got to be one of the most difficult 3d programs i have ever used. And I have used a lot.
All I want to do is put two objects next to each other. When I place the second, its always freakin light years away and dragging it closer just makes it further.
Are there keys I can hold down like shift or alt to only move the object on a certain axis? this is like basic 3d stuff and i cant figure it out.
Also, some tutorials in text form would be really really good.
I want to love it, but its just not doing it for me.
Thanks

p.s. I keep accidently clicking the mouse wheel cos for me that is usually the move camera button and i don't know if that is what causes it, but it will come up with "error, restart simulation" etc.
Also, is there any way to change the keys? key customization should be the next addition because it is so so important.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: how the hell do i use this.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 08:28:54 AM »
try zooming in to place objects closer together. Also, pause the simulation and lower the time step so that they don't fly out/all over
cntrl key rotates an object without rotating it's rings. Use the hand tool to move/rotate an object, its just click and drag. There is a simple tutorial in the simulation to get you started.
both right and left click will move your POV, no need for mouse wheel.
Errors occur when you set something to high.
Universe Sandbox is very easy to use, just keep trying.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:32:57 AM by mudkipz »

Pandemos

Re: how do i use this.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »
Same issue for me. The tutorial is severly lacking, imo. This game has astronomical potential (hehe!), but seriously this game feels like it's a beta with the ui, no obvious "undo" in sight and the erratic crashes. The tutorial is quite basic, and didn't even tell me how to adjust the velocity direction (still can't figure out how to do after an hour of trying, it ALWAYS FLIPS OUT AND SHOOTS THE PLANET INTO DEEP SPACE!!!). Then when I thought I figured it out, it went out of control...then crashed. On a rather decent gaming rig. It's sad, cause I want this game to be so good (which I think it most definitely can be), but it's such a let down so far.