Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dan, a bug I've noticed recently.  (Read 3370 times)

diamondthree

Dan, a bug I've noticed recently.
« on: June 12, 2011, 04:34:12 PM »
I can't determine the exact trigger of this bug yet, but often when I have a star that has multiple satellites, and those satellites specifically list that star as it's "parent," if I attempt to change the temperature in Kelvin using the arrow up and arrow down clicks, it instantly begins to display the projected paths of each satellite listing that star as parent. I can type in a new temperature just fine, but I just have to avoid the arrows.

You follow that? Anyway I can reproduce this about 80% of the time just by making a star with 20+ orbiting objects and changing the temp with those arrows.

It's a serious problem when you have, oh, say 100+ objects listing that star as a parent.  000 fps straight away!

Also, once it's done, it's permanent on that object: anytime i select that star after that, it displays all those projected paths.

Steam version 2.1.2.

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: Dan, a bug I've noticed recently.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 12:12:50 AM »
It's supposed to do that, but only when you select the star, not change its temperature.

diamondthree

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 07:53:53 AM »
really? I would think it would only display projected paths when that settings box is checked. anyway, if it's supposed to display all the projected paths of the "offspring" satellites each time you select the parent, that's no good, for the same framerate reasons that I can't tolerate this temperature-change bug.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:02:53 PM »
While that may be how it's designed, the frame-rate shouldn't drop to zero because you change the temperature of an object.

I'll look into this.