Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Not able to place objects anywhere but the center  (Read 4007 times)

SandboxSpenc

Not able to place objects anywhere but the center
« on: June 07, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
So, one day im playing and messing around with Universe Sandbox. Then, when I try to place an object after creating a new system, the object dosent move. I move the mouse around, but the object placer does not move out of the center of the system. I then click, select something else, and it happens again. Basicly, the object placer object ghost gets stuck in the middle of the system, so I can only place things there. I figured out how to solve it afterwords. I closed and reopened Universe Sandbox. I made this topic to see if anyone else had this glitch, and so it could in the future be resolved. (Maybe..)

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: Not able to place objects anywhere but the center
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:23:38 PM »
Run the sim for a bit and then pause it again.

SandboxSpenc

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »
Accually, I already solved it. I was looking to disscus it and relate to others about it. Also I posted this to report the glitch.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:46:14 PM »
Does it happen every time or did it happen just that one time?

SandboxSpenc

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »
It happened just that one time. Ill try to see if I can recreate my problem. Ill edit when I find how or give up.

EDIT: Found it! To make it happen you need to open a simulation. Make sure that you are focused on an object. Pause the simulation, and create an empty one. Do not start the simulation. Make sure it is paused, and select the add tool. Click on a planet to add. Do not add it, but scroll out a little and move your mouse out of the add tool box. You will see the planet in the center of the system, in the ghost form used by the add tool. Try moving your mouse around. It stays in the center. INFO:

Version: 1.2.1
Sandbox Type: Steam
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:29:14 PM by SandboxSpenc »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 05:23:18 PM »
Those are great steps to reproduce the problem.

That's a weird one. I'll add this to the list of problems to fix.

Thanks for posting a way to recreate the problem.

diamondthree

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 04:03:38 PM »
yeah i can confirm this one, reliably reproduced.  Been there since Steam launch at least, but unpausing and pausing again is a workaround.

MortalDanger

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 07:46:58 PM »
I can confirm this one as well, in fact it happens quite often.  I have found that it often associates with an object named "Landing" that randomly appears.  I don't know where this object comes from when it does appear (it really does seem to just randomly appear), but when it does it creates some strange problems - this being one of them.

EDIT: Also, please note that not every time does it only stay in the center.  Some of the times when I experience this bug it allows me to move the object but only on a fixed line.  As in it will move down the x axis but not the y or z.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:05:19 AM by MortalDanger »