Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Steam verison trouble  (Read 4553 times)

superglitch

Steam verison trouble
« on: May 23, 2011, 02:32:47 PM »
I try to start up Universe Sandbox and it pops up and says "Unable to load DLL 'SteamworksWrapper.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Error Code:2.1.2 Steam - PPOHO" I have no clue what that means. You can only click OK, and doing so brings up "Universe Sandbox has encountered a problem. Would you like to try running in safe mode next time? Safe mode uses fewer graphical features which may allow Universe Sandbos to run successfully." You can choose either "Use Safe Mode" or "Use Normal Mode". Either one just closes the program. When I try it again, it happens again. Please Help!

Tisoon

• Renaissance Kingdoms
Re: Steam verison trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:17:29 PM »
In ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\universe sandbox, have you the file "SteamworksWrapper.dll"?

superglitch

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 06:43:13 PM »
I just checked and there is a SteamworksWrapper.dll in the folder. How updated does the the os have to be?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:17:57 PM »
I just checked and there is a SteamworksWrapper.dll in the folder. How updated does the the os have to be?

If you're running XP, you need to have service pack 3 installed. Otherwise you need to be running Vista or Windows 7. Either way... it's best to install all of the required and all of the .NET related optional updates.

Try installing all the updates and post again if you're still having trouble.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 05:56:18 PM »
This error can also be caused if the "steam_api.dll" file is missing.

In Steam, right click on Universe Sandbox in your Library > Select Properties > Click the "Local Files" tab > Click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..."