Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trying to create a custom color doesn't save  (Read 3910 times)

smjjames

Trying to create a custom color doesn't save
« on: November 21, 2011, 01:46:50 PM »
What the above says, the custom colors aren't saving and I'm not sure if I'm seeing strange stuff after I unfocus the spot. At least thats what happened the first time I attempted to do a custom color save.

Also, when I try to edit colors in chart mode, it doesn't always save the color changes. Edit: To clarify with the second one, I'm using the auto function to turn them back, but I've seen it change to the way it was before. Unless that IS how auto is suppoused to work.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:10:24 PM by smjjames »

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: Trying to create a custom color doesn't save
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:50:32 PM »
What the above says, the custom colors aren't saving and I'm not sure if I'm seeing strange stuff after I unfocus the spot. At least thats what happened the first time I attempted to do a custom color save.

Also, when I try to edit colors in chart mode, it doesn't always save the color changes. Edit: To clarify with the second one, I'm using the auto function to turn them back, but I've seen it change to the way it was before. Unless that IS how auto is suppoused to work.
Why is your universe sandbox copy cursed?

WHY DAN WHY!!!

Leninkat is not pleased.

smjjames

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 07:27:05 PM »
So. creating custom colors sticks for you? As in they don't dissapear when you change focus? Or are you just being random as usual?

As for the changing colors bit, it was something with the auto since I turned it on and then off, thinking the color change would stick. Changing the colors manually works fine.

If I wanted to do a complete reinstall, how do I keep the product reg key?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:41:10 PM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 11:10:32 PM »
If I wanted to do a complete reinstall, how do I keep the product reg key?
I think it should be in the inbox for the email you registered with. You can still use the same one after you re-install.

smjjames

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »
Okay cool, and good thing it's still there :)

Edit: huh, I guess it saved the key somewhere since I did an uninstall, removed the folder from my documents and program files and it still says I've purchased a key (which I did, over a year ago).

Also, does creating custom colors stick for anybody else? Nobody answered that on the one about the absolute space points and maybe my copy is bugged, maybe it isn't.

Edit: Just checked and it still doesn't stick in the custom color slot, even on the object I just did a color change and set as a custom color.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:26:12 AM by smjjames »