Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Steam version crashes on startup, normal version does not  (Read 8811 times)

TheYeIIowDucK

[I've sent a copy of this thread to support@universesandbox.com, and I was hoping that while i'm waiting for a response I'd get some help here in the forums]
I've recently downloaded and played the trail version available on the Universe Sandbox website. I enjoyed it very much, and decided to buy the game through Steam (since Steam is my favorite distribution system). When I tried to run the Steam version though, the game would just start up, work for about 2 seconds, and then crash just after the loading screen, resulting in no error messages at all. The universesandbox.exe process remains in the task manager for a while and so does my "in-game" status on Steam.
I tried reinstalling it and verifying the game cache. I even reinstalled .NET 4.0 and updated Windows but nothing appears to work.
I use a 32-bit version of Windows 7, and my DirectX version is 11 and is up to date. My video card is the GeForce 9800.
The odd thing to me is that the normal non-Steam version appears to be working fine, while the Steam version just wouldn't load. This could only be explained if the Steam version is a newer one, and one or more of my components are out of date, which, like I said earlier, is not true.

If the log files are needed, I'd be happy to supply them to you.

Edit: Managed to overcome this! Simply updated Windows and the problem was solved!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:11:16 AM by TheYeIIowDucK »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: [SOLVED]Steam version crashes on startup, normal version does not
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »
Awesome. Glad you fixed it.