Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Major issues, upset about broken Simulator  (Read 4513 times)

WolfVonhinslik

Major issues, upset about broken Simulator
« on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:13 AM »
Hello,

when i 1st saw your sim/game i got exited, me being fascinated by space figured what the hell ill pay $10 USD on this from steam (like $9 actually because of sale) (normally i wont pay $10 for something a little more advanced then a flash game, no offense, its very well done)

anyways i started messing around with it getting the feel for the tutorials, learning my way around the system. now that i did all of them and sort of know what im doing, i start with a fresh canvas, and nothing i place actually goes where i place it, more like hundreds of AU away making creating a star system nigh imposable, on top of that crashes constantly, i sent a very angry crash message earlier, if/when you read it, id like to apologize before hand, i was already in a bad mood and that didnt help)

now when will this game be functional? because i would like a working game that works correctly by the middle of the week, or i will have to demand a refund, witch i do not want to have to do, i like your program very much, and would like to continue to use it.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Major issues, upset about broken Simulator
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:11:54 AM »
Dan is working on fixing some problems with the Steam version, and the fixes will be out on May 2. See this topic.
I read something about other users having problems with placing objects here in the help category, but I'm not sure whether it was going to be fixed in the next build.

A way to move objects accurately (excluding rings and galaxies) is to change their coordinates, which you can find here. If the way you place them is bugged, this might be useful.

dhm794

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »
Just a protip:  This is quite a bit more than a Flash game.  If you look through some of the coding, and the
amount of time put into it, you'll see how complex it really is. 

Moving on,

The performance of the game relies largely upon the overall performance of your computer.  Fast computers will
produce better results, and slower computers will produce worse results.   

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »
Still working on fixing reported problems. Look for more free updates soon.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »
Dtang... So many bugs?