Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 3D mode adjustment  (Read 7495 times)

looseskrewz

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
3D mode adjustment
« on: July 13, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »
Dan,

Is it possible to implement a Red/Blue slider for the 3D mode.

It would be great to have a slider where you could change the red blue values by just a slight bit.

The reason I say this is because people would be able to fine tune the software to fit their glasses.

Currently, my glasses are ALMOST perfectly tuned to your settings, but when just looking through the red side of my glasses, I am still able to see a ghost of the red separation.

....in perfect conditions, I believe each color should be masked while looking through the corresponding lens.

I am not at all complaining, but after a while, the ghost kinda gives me a headache, and it would be great to get rid of it.

On the other hand - This is the best 3D I have ever seen.

Great tuning!

:)

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: 3D mode adjustment
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 08:04:50 PM »
This wouldn't be too difficult to add. It's often making the adjust-ability accessible via the UI (Interface) in a way that makes sense that's harder and more time consuming.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment (as the response to Universe Sandbox has been wonderful), but will aim to add support for this in the next few weeks.

looseskrewz

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 03:46:50 AM »
What about a right click or a hover over "3D"?

Excellent. Keep up the good work. I'm going to shoot you some dough as soon as my money transfers into my paypal.

Right on dude.

I really love this thing. I have a bunch of similar projects I was working on in the past....but never finished due to being a lousy programmer.

I am very happy that someone who knew what they were doing decided to make a great project like this.

;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:51:14 AM by looseskrewz »

boblambnightsky

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 08:54:46 PM »
I also would like this adjustability - for a different reason. When I use 3D in simulators in a classroom projected on a screen, I need to tweak the red/cyan gap to allow students in front and back of the room to see 3D effect. There is usually a compromise position that works fro everyone, although people "too close" sometimes never are able to resolve the dimensional effect.

eV1Te

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 09:25:30 AM »
I "think" that changing the color to something else than a color only based on pure Red for example would only decrease the effect.

Since changing color on a computer screen does not change the wavelength of the light (which is specific for each 3D glasses) it only mixes more wavelengths in to the emitted light, so therefore more of the Bluish parts of the screen will be visible through the the Red filter for example..

looseskrewz

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 02:24:59 PM »
Hmmmm...a very interesting statement. I totally understand.

...although a closer balance may be possible.