Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 367259 times)

Jorster

• karma chameleon
Re: Politics
« Reply #840 on: November 07, 2014, 03:23:04 PM »
The damn liberals are literally killing the heart and soul of America.  Muh guns can't even protect against this

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #841 on: November 07, 2014, 03:39:39 PM »
I guess you tend to read into stuff  when you can't refute an actual point made.  That may work with other children in the playground you romp around in but you are not talking to a child but an adult with a mature worldview.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization

The Western Civilization is but the evolution of the Roman Empire to a large degree.  The quote I gave is still valid and historically and during the present shows a consistent progress through the stages.  While a generic 200 years isn't set in stone it doesn't invalidate the whole if the time is expanded.  The Western Civilization has managed to prolong it's death and I would assume this is due to technology...but dying it is and dead it will become.

The enlightened of humanity were not the despots, Communists or other evil dredges of the world but were men and women who valued Liberty and the pursuit of knowledge and beauty of creation, not it's destruction.

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #842 on: November 07, 2014, 03:42:47 PM »
The damn liberals are literally killing the heart and soul of America.  Muh guns can't even protect against this

Funny how you state a truth in your feeble mockery and bigotry.  No, guns can't protect against the utter stupidity of others.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #843 on: November 08, 2014, 10:24:59 AM »
You say that the West is an evolved Roman Empire... this is true... however, you forget the European middle ages which would suit the "bondage" you talk about... I see the world as progressing out of this "bondage" in many, many, areas throughout the world, such as India or Africa... social revolutions too, in the middle east especially...

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #844 on: November 08, 2014, 11:46:24 AM »
I mean,  you could just shoot all the stupid people

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #845 on: November 08, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »
I mean,  you could just shoot all the stupid people

KOKLOK I SAID THAT WHO REMOVED POST

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
« Reply #846 on: November 08, 2014, 11:50:01 AM »
if Thomas Jefferson were alive today, he would be considered a tea party extremist..

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #847 on: November 08, 2014, 11:54:08 AM »
if I was alive today, he would be considered a pone

oh wait

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #848 on: November 08, 2014, 11:58:54 AM »
India, sure...Caste system still an issue but they certainly are moving forward but I would say a big part of that was it's interaction with the West.

Africa, maybe in another few hundred years but they started in a ditch and continue to dig deeper is so many ways.

social revolutions too, in the middle east especially...

I don't see any of these "revolutions" heading in a positive direction.  Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS, Al Qaeda..pretty much the same thing by a different name.  While I certainly think the governments of West should leave them COMPLETELY to their own devices.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #849 on: November 08, 2014, 12:01:21 PM »
Have you forgotten Libya? Egypt? And plenty of other countries in which the Arab Spring took place?

Terrorist organizations are a completely different story.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #850 on: November 08, 2014, 12:02:21 PM »
@me?

but srsly

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #851 on: November 08, 2014, 12:06:55 PM »
no phinehas

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #852 on: November 08, 2014, 12:08:18 PM »
Have you forgotten Libya? Egypt?

LOL, are you serious?  You obviously have internet...simply Google both words and see what comes up...unless of course you live in a country that restricts access to objective news.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #853 on: November 08, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
unless of course you live in a country that restricts access to objective news.

"Transgender" is blocked on Wikipedia where I live... does that count?

Have you forgotten Libya? Egypt?

LOL, are you serious?  You obviously have internet...simply Google both words and see what comes up

I'm sure he was talking about
Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS, Al Qaeda..pretty much the same thing by a different name. 

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #854 on: November 08, 2014, 12:13:32 PM »
"Transgender" is blocked on Wikipedia where I live... does that count?

I don't think all information available is worth knowing about.

I'm sure he was talking about

Same countries, same groups, same problems.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #855 on: November 08, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »
But why transgender? Why not zoophilia? Seriously, why block these?

Also it's worth knowing all of these so you aren't treated like a buttard when you meet a non-traditional sexuality.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #856 on: November 08, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »
whoops i'm sorry in my world view everyone is a straight white cis male

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #857 on: November 08, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »
LOL, the only forum I am aware of that deletes posts that call Jeffery Dahmer's sexuality aberrant.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #858 on: November 08, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »
Please do not make disparaging comments about transgendered persons. That is not acceptable on this forum.

It might be hard to imagine... but for some people their mind and body do not match up. Imagine feeling as you do about being male, but having the body parts of a female. That is the experience for some transgendered persons. They are humans just like you and me who have feeling and experiences, who want to love and be loved, and who are harming no one. There's no harm in children learning about transgendered people.

Transgendered people deserve our affection and understanding, not our hate.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #859 on: November 08, 2014, 08:37:37 PM »
Since when did anyone make a negative comment about transgenders?

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #860 on: November 08, 2014, 11:28:05 PM »
Please do not make disparaging comments about transgendered persons. That is not acceptable on this forum

Pointing out the fact, that being transgendered is not the norm of the human condition is not disparaging.  Pointing out that people with green and "black" eyes are aberrant is not disparaging...it's factual. Look it up, 1-2% of the population have green eyes and about 1% have very dark brown eyes.  About 2% of the population is considered "transgendered".

It might be hard to imagine... but for some people their mind and body do not match up. Imagine feeling as you do about being male, but having the body parts of a female. That is the experience for some transgendered persons. They are humans just like you and me who have feeling and experiences, who want to love and be loved, and who are harming no one.

Irrelevant to what I wrote in the post you deleted.  I said nothing that denies their humanity nor their common traits that are shared by all human beings.

There's no harm in children learning about transgendered people.

The post you deleted didn't say anything about harm...I simply said that children should not be introduced to the confusing concepts of abnormal sexuality, gender, self identification without the proper understanding of the normal development and propagation.  I say abnormal because that is reality, just like being born blind, deaf, only one kidney or more than two legs is abnormal. That's just a physiological fact.

Transgendered people deserve our affection and understanding, not our hate.

I love people, regardless of their sexuality, gender identification, eye color, skin color and to point out that there are differences in people isn't hate, it's telling the truth.

You seem to have no problem with people talking about Zoophilia as long as nobody states it isn't the norm.
You seem to have no problem with people talking about Necrophilia as long as nobody states it isn't the norm.

In other words, you accept the talk about differences until somebody points out that it's a difference.  The ONLY reason anyone is talking about it is due to the fact that it is different.  Why are there no whole threads on Heterosexuality?  Because it's the norm and pointing out that it's the norm is not disparaging either.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #861 on: November 09, 2014, 12:56:12 AM »
Is there any evidence that shows that children should not be exposed to abnormalities?

Do you fear that the children will become abnormal?

Dan Dixon

• Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #862 on: November 09, 2014, 03:20:37 AM »
Equating transexuals with Jeffrey Dahmer is disparaging and bigoted.

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #863 on: November 09, 2014, 03:21:46 AM »
Is there any evidence that shows that children should not be exposed to abnormalities?

I'm pretty sure children being exposed to pedophiles is harmful, just google if you want evidence.  You are being silly.  Of course, it depends on what you mean by exposure and what abnormalities.  If you ever become a parent you will understand the reasoning behind not exposing children to some experiences or knowledge before they are equipped and mature enough to cope emotionally and intellectually.

Genetic changes can't occur if that's what you are asking, which I would hope you knew that wasn't the case.  That being said, I'm sure there are environments that could bring about certain mental illnesses within people that may or may not have a certain disposition to it genetically.  Drug abuse comes to mind, abuse sexually can certainly affect people.  In my opinion, there are a lot of people in prison now that became mentally abnormal and it's not all genetics, it's environment as well.  How may times do you hear from the defense that John or Jane Doe did XYZ and it's due to abuse as a child and/or other environmental factors...so yes, it's a safe bet to suggest mental abnormality can occur even when there is no genetic basis behind it.  So, any intelligent and caring parent would consider what their children are exposed to.  Crack heads don't make good parents.  Usually the children have problems...and probably what they are exposed to in their environment plays a big part but that's just a hunch.

Equating transexuals with Jeffrey Dahmer is disparaging and bigoted.

No, equating the low statistical occurrence in the human population for both is not disparaging or bigoted, it's objective fact, it's math.  Same way as pointing out the percentage of African America males in prison in relation to the demographics is not disparaging or bigoted.

You may think it's disparaging for somebody to point out the reality of being in an extreme minority but that will never invalidate the reality.  Delusion would be the only way around it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:35:03 AM by phinehas »

Dan Dixon

• Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #864 on: November 09, 2014, 03:51:51 AM »
What you wrote was disparaging and discriminatory against transgendered people which is why it was removed.

Your defense also borders on discrimination. And there's no empathy or attempt to understand their situation in anything you wrote.

I'm done discussing this. In case you missed it: Please do not make disparaging comments about transgendered persons. That is not acceptable on this forum, go say it somewhere else on the internet.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:57:12 AM by Dan Dixon »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #865 on: November 09, 2014, 05:38:42 AM »

Funnily, being abnormal is the norm, as everyone is abnormal.

Most people like to divide eye colors into blue, brown, green, etc... but in reality they're arbitrary. You could simply narrow in and say dark blue, light blue, grey blueish,... if you're patient enough, you'll end up with so many categories that everyone is in a minority. You could of course also do the opposite and just say people with eyes and pretty much everyone would be a part of the majority.

Or you could just look at what color clothes you're wearing... your hair length... your finger length... your nail lengths... everyone is aberrant. If you aren't, you certainly aren't the norm.

Homosexuality, bisexuality, heterosexuality work the same way. You could also simply make a term for people who may be attracted to other adults (or people around their own age)... if that category were used instead of e.g. homosexuals then they'd be a part of a majority group.

So "abnormal" is really just a question of how you like to define things, the word in itself says pretty much nothing as it could be about something as harmless as belonging to a group wearing a rare kind of jacket or it could be people who are a part of a criminal gang.

Often the people who like to call others abnormal conveniently define the categories such that they get to flash their superiority complex and make the subtle point that others are inferior, not worthy of attention or that there's something wrong with them, when in reality they really just have no clue what they're talking about.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #866 on: November 09, 2014, 07:34:58 AM »
I still don't see what this has to do with me, since I didn't say anything degrading the value of transgenders. I don't think I would in the first place, since my only friend is an MtF

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #867 on: November 09, 2014, 07:55:54 AM »
I don't think anyone here said it had anything to do with you

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #868 on: November 09, 2014, 01:02:31 PM »
What you wrote was disparaging and discriminatory against transgendered people which is why it was removed.

Your defense also borders on discrimination. And there's no empathy or attempt to understand their situation in anything you wrote.

I'm done discussing this. In case you missed it: Please do not make disparaging comments about transgendered persons. That is not acceptable on this forum, go say it somewhere else on the internet.

Funnily, being abnormal is the norm, as everyone is abnormal.

Dan, by your own definition, your comments here would be disparaging and discriminatory.  That's how nonsensical your position has been.

What I wrote was neither disparaging or discriminatory, unless you choose to change the meaning of words, which apparently you do. My "defense" also does not border on discrimination, that's just silly.  You can change the meaning of words all you want and can deny fact and math but you would simply be anti-science and anti-reality.

Often the people who like to call others abnormal conveniently define the categories such that they get to flash their superiority complex and make the subtle point that others are inferior, not worthy of attention or that there's something wrong with them, when in reality they really just have no clue what they're talking about.

That thought is also simply wrong and quite silly.  It's not some convenient definition to state that being born blind is NOT normal to the human condition.  It's not.  There is no superiority implied with stating that fact.   It's a physiological condition that is statistically not the norm in the human population, like certain eye color and sexual/gender orientations. That's a fact and anyone that denies that fact is like I said, anti-science and anti-reality.

You should get back to working on the software and spend less time on the social justice crusade.  At least with the software it makes sense and doesn't attempt to alter reality but actually tries to emulate it.

Yes, Clark Kent, it's obvious.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:09:10 PM by phinehas »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #869 on: November 09, 2014, 01:40:44 PM »
You should get back to working on the software and spend less time on the social justice crusade.  At least with the software it makes sense and doesn't attempt to alter reality but actually tries to emulate it.

Yes, Clark Kent, it's obvious.
Do you think I and Dan are the same person?