Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Landing points  (Read 9277 times)

SandboxSpenc

Landing points
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:44:45 PM »
So, I was wondering, how do you get rid of landing spots ??? ? Like can you get rid of them? If so, how? They are SO annoying! Every single time I try to zoom in a planet, the darn landing appears! Afterwords, I have to restart the simulation, beacuse theres a darn weird name on my screen! And, also, I would like to know how to do this with perinium, free, or both of them. I have the free version right now.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Landing points
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »
Below is an image of exactly where it is. You just click that "x", and it's gone.

Free and premium are both exactly the same. Free just has a time limit (as far as i know)

SandboxSpenc

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:55:13 PM »
Accually no. Thats not how you do it, beacuse they stay forever. I just tested it. I clicked "Exit surface veiw", and the landing does not go away. It orbits on the surface or something.
Oh. Im in the completely free version. My trial was out 2 days ago.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 02:54:25 PM »
Every single time I try to zoom in a planet, the darn landing appears!

The idea was to make it easy and intuitive to create them. I'll be rethinking how they're handled.

What does everyone think of requiring a button press to activate landing mode? (instead of zooming in as it currently is)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »
I like the way it is. I do have an idea you could like L+left click the planet at any zoom level to create a landing.

SandboxSpenc

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 04:29:25 PM »
I like the way it is. I do have an idea you could like L+left click the planet at any zoom level to create a landing.
Hm, maybe. What I'm really trying to say here is that I want landings to auto-delete themsleves after exiting surface veiw, even in the free version. Thats all I need and want.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »
That's good too. That or be able to bind to the surface view that you've created before. Maybe hit *+left click to make a new one. * being whatever Dan wants it to be.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 05:47:29 PM »
These are are interesting ideas. The landing points feature needs more work for sure.

In the meantime, you can select them and hit delete (just like any object in Universe Sandbox).

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »
In the free version, you can't delete even landings. I know because I had it for 4+ months.

SandboxSpenc

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 03:31:05 PM »
In the free version, you can't delete even landings. I know because I had it for 4+ months.
I can by now assume, that I must say, Correct.