Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2583524 times)

smjjames

Re: Blacraft
« Reply #3000 on: March 08, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »
Oh I see, okay.

Being bored, I decided to go check out that mineshaft/cavern in the swamps and while I explored a portion of the abandoned mine near the entrance I made (also collected some rails), I found one passage way that just OPENS up into a huge chamber.

I didn't go any further in than the position I was in for the screenshot, but I did take a look with max brightness and the chamber is roughly egg shaped. For scale, think of the huge natural caverns. I think there is even a skylight somewhere (didn't find one at the surface) as it got darker with night.

The passageway which I mentioned is at -928, 1228 I think actually leads to it because when I went to the coords I marked for that location (on the surface though), went in the general direction of the back of the cavern and while I didn't find any skylight, I did find one of the two entrances for that passageway.

I think its something worth spelunking in sometime.

For the one that had the cave spider spawner, I was able to conquer that one, however, that abandoned mineshaft system isn't particularily spectactular and the two chests I did find didn't have much. The dungeon with the unknown* monster spawner that I found on one branch had more stuff. Not to mention that good portions of it are buried in dirt and gravel.

*I must have approached it too quickly for it to spawn anything as I was doing a fast rush with lighting the passageway.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:44:10 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3001 on: March 08, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »
Vatallus Wall is at

70% length
80% width
100% height

56% complete in total

so there is a problem we have here. I want to cover the walls of Vatallus with water so that mobs shall not spawn on them. Lava on the outside to burn and kill mobs. However, the problem is that about 70,000 flowing blocks causes lag. I tried in single player, 10,000 blocks and it didn't lag at all imo

So there 4 solutions

1. go ahead with plan and hope no lag
2. Cover whole thing in torches which would take forever and too much coal
3. Make the wall not-mob proof which defeats the purpose of it...
4. Bla mcedit flowing water into non flowing water to eliminate lag and work perfect :)

I consider 1 to be a bad idea mainly because it is hard to find all water and remove it if it turns out that it cause lag

I consider 2 and 3 to be basically nonsolutions

I think 4 would be best, but i'm not sure Bla consider this 'legit'. To do this, I first cover wall up with 35,000 lava and 35,000 water (flowing). Then, Blanoxium mcedits water to sandstone and then edits sandstone to still water. Then, blanoxium edits lava to sandstone and then lava back to still lava. The lavas won't drip (unless they are touched, like removed or something) and there will be no lags because nothing must be animated.

I think this is perfect solution assept the problem the someone might accidentally place a block and cause a water to derp. But compared to other solutions this is go, no?

Or maybe someone have another idea?

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #3002 on: March 08, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '61965'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:15:51 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #3003 on: March 08, 2012, 02:21:13 PM »
Turn it into a massive caldera lake? Might want to get some kind of diving mod or something though....

I don't have any ideas atm that would work.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3004 on: March 08, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »
FiahOwl, thats the drawback i mentions

smjjames, the interior of it is supposed to be a city. THe wall is to keep out the mobs.

smjjames

« Reply #3005 on: March 08, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »
FiahOwl, thats the drawback i mentions

smjjames, the interior of it is supposed to be a city. THe wall is to keep out the mobs.

Cool. How about a dome over it and then fill it with water? :)

Maybe I can go take a look at it myself though, heh.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3006 on: March 08, 2012, 02:39:34 PM »
A dome would take a lot of glass, like 10 large chests worth of

and the problem i'm having is that much water causes much lag

and at this point there isn't much too look at besides a huge gray wall, :P

smjjames

« Reply #3007 on: March 08, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
I just want to take a look, and also see if changing chunks will fix the wierd lag I'm having.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3008 on: March 08, 2012, 02:44:30 PM »
I suggest you bring a bucket of water :P

There is a house you can live in on top of the wall, the west of the wall

from desertopia should be a path to the west side of wall

You'll need a water bucket to climb up, it shouldn't be that hard. If you need help just ask

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #3009 on: March 08, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '61972'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:15:49 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3010 on: March 08, 2012, 02:56:52 PM »
What about on the rim you make it a two block high wall, and make it spider proof?

Yes i am going to plant 800 cactus along the entire rim of the wall

but mobs can spawn on the inside as well as the outside

smjjames

« Reply #3011 on: March 08, 2012, 03:11:09 PM »
Only problem is that I am having MASSIVE lag when I look at the water covered walls, even on short render distance. I get a good deal of lag when approaching it, but when I looked at the walls, it basically freezes up Minecraft

Shit, I even get big lagspikes if I approach the wall on tiny render... I'm currently trying to flee the area because I get massive lagspikes and freeze every several seconds.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3012 on: March 08, 2012, 03:12:51 PM »
oh i see
is your computer relatively old?

Try googling for ways to up your ram used for minecraft. I have mine set to 1.4 gb of ram on an old laptop and i still get ok preformance on far render distance.

strange.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3013 on: March 08, 2012, 03:14:55 PM »

smjjames

« Reply #3014 on: March 08, 2012, 03:16:42 PM »
oh i see
is your computer relatively old?

Try googling for ways to up your ram used for minecraft. I have mine set to 1.4 gb of ram on an old laptop and i still get ok preformance on far render distance.

strange.

Mine is over four years old, running Windows 7 32 bit and have 4 GB installed (3.50 usable) and have dual core.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #3015 on: March 08, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »
wow, i only have 2 GB of ram.

smjjames

« Reply #3016 on: March 08, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »
If I'm on the back side of the wall, away from the water, I'm a bit laggy but okay and can use normal view.

Also I can't use the far view for very long because a 64 bit java installation is recommended and I'll get a 'ran out of memory' error.

I'll take a look at that link.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3017 on: March 08, 2012, 03:26:55 PM »
not sure which side you're talking about :P the wall is build in a circle so there is an inner and outer for me.

and with the ram upgrade i can use far distances easily and i haven't run out of memory once yet

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3018 on: March 08, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »
if you can't run default minecraft near my wall or have lag in general, i'd say something is wrong/ it's not normal lag. idk what. i had a lot of lag, like 2 minutes/frame before 1.8 and then after the update i could play blacraft without any lag at all. stranger still, single player never lagged for me, but restarting or doing whatever to my computer never made the lag leave. strange.

smjjames

« Reply #3019 on: March 08, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »
The outside part.

Just wondering, what OS do you use and how much ram do you have?

if you can't run default minecraft near my wall or have lag in general, i'd say something is wrong/ it's not normal lag. idk what. i had a lot of lag, like 2 minutes/frame before 1.8 and then after the update i could play blacraft without any lag at all. stranger still, single player never lagged for me, but restarting or doing whatever to my computer never made the lag leave. strange.
not sure which side you're talking about :P the wall is build in a circle so there is an inner and outer for me.

and with the ram upgrade i can use far distances easily and i haven't run out of memory once yet

I've also been having wierd lag spikes for no particular reason. Also, when the lag happens, the graph in F3 spikes up and that box goes higher. Going to try the allocate 3GB.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3020 on: March 08, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »
Windows 7 and 2 gb (1.495 allocated for MC).

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3021 on: March 08, 2012, 03:33:51 PM »
does it lag in ssp? If it does i'd say its the computer and if it doesn't i'd say its the server though that's not definite.

smjjames

« Reply #3022 on: March 08, 2012, 03:36:43 PM »
SSP? I don't think so, haven't really checked, but normally I don't get lag at all and can play default minecraft. Also that same page says I can have both 64 bit and 32 bit Java at the same time, or maybe thats just 64 bit OS?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3023 on: March 08, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »
no idear jut try 2 gb

smjjames

« Reply #3024 on: March 08, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »
Hrm, I'm seeing some lag on SSP (creative), although part of it is due to rendering. Lets see if this method helps though.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3025 on: March 08, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
did this lag start after a major update or what?

smjjames

« Reply #3026 on: March 08, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
No idea, but I think it may have. I wasn't getting the lagspikes before 1.2.2 came out and I accidentially updated too soon before Bukkit has actually updated.

I think so anyway. At least I didn't start complaining about the lagspikes until around then.

Also, I tried that .bat thing and its giving me an error about couldn't generate Java virtual machine.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3027 on: March 08, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »
No idea, but I think it may have. I wasn't getting the lagspikes before 1.2.2 came out and I accidentially updated too soon before Bukkit has actually updated.

ahh, it'll fix when blacraft updates to 1.2 hopefully

and strange with the error thing, noidea.

smjjames

« Reply #3028 on: March 08, 2012, 04:07:42 PM »
Hrm, Maybe it has something to do with Java itself, going to check that out....

Anybody got any ideas? I've tried various things and at one point I did manage to get it to work, but the amount allocated shown in F3 did not change.

Edit: Well, I've managed to get it to use 989 MB and I can't get it to use any more since it'll just say can't create virtual machine and something about object heap.

Edit2: Now if it would just stop raining!, lol. Its working so far on far view, but I've dialed it back a little due to the rain as I'm having a bit of lag, which I suspect is due to running water for some reason.

Edit3: Dammit, still getting lagspikes, seems like it happens every time I look at running water....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:32:31 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3029 on: March 08, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »
Might want to look at minecraft threads about 'lsod' or lag spike of death

and it should get fixed when server goes to bukkit 1.2 so i would not worry too much