Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2583218 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #1350 on: September 23, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »
ok no long paths
i get it
i'm at nearly 8km so i'll make a 128sq km of generated land around spawntown
got it.
and i do have a reason for making that looong path, its not just impulsive >.>

i need to get to 19000 so i can connect my portals :P
portal chain!
and whatever you delete, not the thing at -6k , i'm building a base thar!

oh and
just crop it out of the map^^

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #1351 on: September 23, 2011, 03:26:57 AM »
Yes, it was your fault.
Is sarcastic?

ok no long paths
i get it
i'm at nearly 8km so i'll make a 128sq km of generated land around spawntown
got it.
and i do have a reason for making that looong path, its not just impulsive >.>

i need to get to 19000 so i can connect my portals :P
portal chain!
and whatever you delete, not the thing at -6k , i'm building a base thar!

oh and
just crop it out of the map^^
Before you start too much on your base, I recommend that you explore potential areas closer to Spawntown which you might like, maybe the mountains north of the desert north of Quonbla? They're nice too.

If you want the mountains to make it a singleplayer world, I can give you that too.

Idk if I should crop it or not... I'll wait at least until I make the next map to decide it.

New poll in Blacraft Voting Center!
How should we react to the water level falling in Spawntown? Develop the uncovered areas, or dig them up and fill them with water, restoring the old areas with water simply one meter below the original level? Or do you have other ideas?
Go to the Blacraft Voting Center in Spawntown, near the harbor, and place a sign with your name vote below one of the existing options to vote for them, or edit one of the remaining option signs with your own idea.

It's the first multiple choice poll, it's on the second floor.

I voted for developing the new areas, but of course they would also be shaped to fit the buildings etc., and ofc canals should make it possible to get between the sea near Yukiland and the big sea northeast of Kaktoland.

I'll update the wiki around this page soon, when it's possible:
http://blacraft.wikia.com/wiki/Blacraft/Kaktoland/Spawntown/Blacraft_Voting_Center

Also changed the closing time to on Sunday, so you'll have a bit more than one day to vote. History has shown people mostly vote on the first day, and it's important we take action fast, so Spawntown won't look like an abandoned city and Yukiland will have access to the big sea.

In other news, Epicland Lake is no longer one big lake. We could rename it Epicmarsh, since it has gotten marshy colors now, or fill it out to restore the lake.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:07:06 AM by Bla »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1352 on: September 23, 2011, 06:59:04 AM »
I see Endermen moving blocks IS a problem - at least in the mob farm!! Every single level was pretty much messed up completely, and after fixing it from top to bottom, I noticed a new waterfall when I got to layer 20. An enderman had messed up some of the top layers again.
I also died lawtz awff timez. Not nais.

So, I've asked the server people to add this plugin:
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-safe-creeper-0-3-2-control-creeper-explosions-enderman-tnt-fireballs-and-more-1185.25253/

And when it's done, I'll disable endurmen blawck messing.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1353 on: September 23, 2011, 07:03:31 AM »
Endurmen? Very suspicious...

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1354 on: September 23, 2011, 07:10:03 AM »
Also, I've disabled mawbz until it's fixed... That also gives me a chance to fix the mesh in the mawb faktory!

Wrote the "geological history" of Blacraft. A silly way of explaining the annoying seed corruption bugs and terrain generation changes.

The people on Blacraft have endured a harsh geological history in recent times. On the very first day Spawntown was founded (April 19 2011), an earthquake hit the area, resulting in massive, blocky rifts in Epicland, Yukiland, Kaktoland while creating the famous cliff which Ampluterra Outpost was built on.<br>
The climate in Kaktoland became cooler, and snow began to cover the central southern and eastern areas, especially Kaktice Peninsula, named after the changing climate, turning the desert into a cold wasteland which wasn't touched for a long time.<br>
From June 11, the climate changed again, turning severe ice spreading and some snow in Rift Auspikitan, Foressia in Yukiland and around Vinelandar. Only days later, massive amounts of snow began to cover the western parts of both Ampluterra and Spheron Rilmu. The climate changed back on June 19, but the new snow and ice remained until July 20.<br>
A new, massive earthquake occured somewhere between September 6 and September 15, causing the core areas to lose all information with the outside world, and moving Partinia Lanis all the way to the west coast of Solea, while shattering all ice on the surface of the sea and lakes. At the same time, the climate changed severely, and the sea level fell one meter, uncovering large coastal areas. Epicland Lake had become a marsh with several smaller lakes, Inner Epicland and Spawntown had become very cold. Spawntown's harbor had dried out, and so had some of the lake in the park. The water bodies at its western borders had turned into a massive sandy desert. The town quickly initiated a poll to decide how to solve the problems.
- http://blacraft.wikia.com/wiki/Blacraft

MUUUDKEEEEEPZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:13:06 AM by Bla »

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #1355 on: September 23, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '43590'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:59:53 AM by FiahOwl »

matty406

« Reply #1356 on: September 23, 2011, 09:54:09 AM »
What I like about those maps is that how drastically land generation has changed.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1357 on: September 23, 2011, 09:55:04 AM »
What I don't like about these maps are that they take up more than 1 GB in GIMP!!! :P

(I'm working on a new map, expect lots of border changes.)

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #1358 on: September 23, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
Then when you display it, you can cut them out? :P

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1359 on: September 23, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »
Then when you display it, you can cut them out? :P

yeah but i'd like to keep my area generated, its pretty epic landscape!
i promise i wunt extend, and i can also make it looks like an area instead of a strip if its needed

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1360 on: September 23, 2011, 11:58:51 AM »
The world map has gone from just about 8 MB to 114 MB. -_-
Even this "compressed" version where I deleted the ridiculous trail is 61 MB. Compared to the old map, that's more than 6 times the size of the old map.
Using GIMP's lowest quality PNG compressor, I got it down to 5 MB...
The question is whether we want the future world maps to be of this quality and want ridiculously looking trails, want to spread out over huge distances, making traveling a pain, and want to risk even worse amounts of chunky borders if Notch changes the generation code. I think I'm against it.

Maybe I should install a mod which makes it impossible to go beyond a certain x and z value? Like 3000?
And if you then fill out the map, I might increase it...

Also, remember that the max upload size on the forum is 6400 KB, and on Wikia it's 10 MB. So I'll have to upload it to Dropbox and then use Zoom.it every time to get the world map up if we don't make some compromises...

The world map has been updated on the Wiki.

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #1361 on: September 23, 2011, 12:19:32 PM »
How about you just use Zoom.it...what's wrong with it?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1362 on: September 23, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »
It takes a lot of time to upload it first to Dropbox, then have Zoom.it download it from my Dropbox and processing it. I assume it's also nicer to have it as a clean .png file, because everyone can download it.

Uploading 100 MB simply takes a lot longer than 10 MB, and it'd result in more rare map updates.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1363 on: September 23, 2011, 12:44:52 PM »
Bla, you are /WAY/ too perfectionist.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1364 on: September 23, 2011, 12:45:35 PM »
>justs wants his epic mountain in an isolated island<
that is all

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1365 on: September 23, 2011, 12:49:27 PM »
It looks like the generation code will be updated in 1.9 as well... So I might have to edit the map again and delete what we've explored. If it's ok ofc.

About isolated mountains, couldn't you just make it so that noone were allowed to enter, or make a wall or river of lava or water around it? That'd also be a project, projects are always nice.

If we can solve this, I'll implement a mod ristricting how far you can go. And when the map is close to fully explored, I'll probably increase it. Wouldn't that be an ok system?

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1366 on: September 23, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »
No, bi- *shot*

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1367 on: September 23, 2011, 12:52:54 PM »
Why not? Why does it matter to you people where the unknown terrain you uncover is? It's not more likely to be epic depending on the distance from spawn. :/
(I know Mudkipz wants isolation, which is fair, but I hope there are other solutions than decitupling (yes, I just invented that word) the file size of the map image).

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1368 on: September 23, 2011, 12:55:06 PM »
Why not? Why does it matter to you people where the unknown terrain you uncover is? It's not more likely to be epic depending on the distance from spawn. :/
(I know Mudkipz wants isolation, which is fair, but I hope there are other solutions than decitupling (yes, I just invented that word) the file size of the map image).

no i don't want isolation
i think its cool how the island is in the middle of an ocean with a epic mountains in a circle surrounding an insane floating bridge
and a huge pillar in the center!

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1369 on: September 23, 2011, 12:55:34 PM »
Because. Your little file size thing, it doesn't matter. You should use megashare, it's faster imo.

And no, it won't give you a virus.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:01:17 PM by Darvince »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1370 on: September 23, 2011, 01:02:15 PM »
i think its cool how the island is in the middle of an ocean with a epic mountains in a circle surrounding an insane floating bridge
Every piece of land in Minecraft is an island, it's just a question of how big it is, and looking at your mountains, the biome is not a unique island - it borders both a swamp to the west and another biome.
And if you don't want isolation, I no longer see any point in going that far away other than for the uniqueness of the area - I think the solution is to simply explore the areas closer to spawn for an equally good area, in the absolutely worst case maybe crop the mountains and move them closer to Spawn.

Because. Your little file size thing, it doesn't matter. You should use megashare, it's faster imo.
It does matter, it's the difference between waiting a few minutes or something to upload, which is fine, to spending half an hour uploading it, which is an unneeded waste of time.
Also notice that your argument is an argument against considering the file size - it's not in any way an argument for what I asked for, which was why it wasn't an ok system to let people explore the areas closest to spawn first.

Idk what Megashare is, it looks like a place where you can watch movies online?

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1371 on: September 23, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »
wtf a place where you can watch movies? wtf? Oh darnit, it's megashares.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1372 on: September 23, 2011, 01:07:49 PM »
In short, I have no idea of what it is or what I should use it for, I just made a search on Google.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1373 on: September 23, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »
That's megashare.info, it seems like. megashare.com and megashares.com are file uploading sites.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1374 on: September 23, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »
Every piece of land in Minecraft is an island, it's just a question of how big it is, and looking at your mountains, the biome is not a unique island - it borders both a swamp to the west and another biome.
And if you don't want isolation, I no longer see any point in going that far away other than for the uniqueness of the area - I think the solution is to simply explore the areas closer to spawn for an equally good area, in the absolutely worst case maybe crop the mountains and move them closer to Spawn.

It does matter, it's the difference between waiting a few minutes or something to upload, which is fine, to spending half an hour uploading it, which is an unneeded waste of time.
Also notice that your argument is an argument against considering the file size - it's not in any way an argument for what I asked for, which was why it wasn't an ok system to let people explore the areas closest to spawn first.

Idk what Megashare is, it looks like a place where you can watch movies online?

just big enough to fit the mountain is what i mean
and i'll explore closer
and i'm pretty good at getting rid of chunk borders/errors, theres tutorials on it actually, you need the brush tool to smooth it out and to simulate the layers of stone and dirt

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1375 on: September 23, 2011, 01:16:16 PM »
I can barely accept moving chunks in emergency situations, but not altering the landscape using brushes etc. I think it should be done manually in the game by getting the blocks legitly, and I'm also working on that.
But good to see you'll try exploring closer to spawn.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1376 on: September 23, 2011, 01:20:59 PM »
once i get back home >.>
in about 99134 years

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #1377 on: September 23, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »
2. Add the SafeCreeper.jar file and the folder 'Safe Creeper' from the downloaded .zip file to the /plugin folder of the minecraft server

?????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? i cant find blacraft anywhere on my computer

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1378 on: September 23, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »
2. Add the SafeCreeper.jar file and the folder 'Safe Creeper' from the downloaded .zip file to the /plugin folder of the minecraft server

?????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? i cant find blacraft anywhere on my computer
You don't have to do anything, it's just me who has to add it to the server (which I can't do before some other people who own it have made it available).

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #1379 on: September 23, 2011, 03:24:15 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '43629'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:59:45 AM by FiahOwl »