Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2583312 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Blacraft (Online)
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2011, 04:14:06 AM »
We now have an automatic farm. Can be harvested by removing two dirt blocks. :)

Edit: The video is finished.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:11:18 PM by Bla »

matty406

Re: Blacraft
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2011, 09:30:48 AM »
Online?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »
Yes. I was planning now to write it in the topic title anymore. Or would you prefer that, at the risk that it might not always be the correct title?
Edit: Dang, forgot to turn on Hamachi. Done now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:42:56 AM by Bla »

Bla

• Global Moderator
Re: Blacraft (Offline)
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2011, 09:56:10 AM »
Recent new things:
  • I went on three expeditions and found two new epic cave systems, which I've explored some parts of. On the first expedition I built a small outpost house east of Epicland at the border to the snowy biome.
  • The rails have been extended all the way to the hill house in Epicland, and a little bit further. Also, the station has been extended and the rails now also extend the other way towards Ampluterra, but not very far currently.
  • The Public Voting Center now has all the cobblestone on the outside replaced with sandstone and bricks.
  • I have started building an anthem tower near the voting center, but I'm not sure I'm happy with how it is. Its small size makes it hard to have many note blocks on each level with redstone circuits and repeaters.
  • A few small fixes on some of the chunk errors, making it look more natural, and the destruction of much of the ice near Kaktoland, which looked too chunkish.
  • A harbor in Spawntown.
  • A road to my outpost house east of Epicland.
  • I've found two new dungeons, one of them with spiders near the strip mines at Spawntown Mining Central.

Edit: Updated the map with the road to the outpost house, and made an isometric render. I had to crop it so it wasn't too big. I had no idea that I was going so far away. :P
Have you all completely lost interest in the server? :P And I know most of you can't play properly...
If you're tired of this world, we could also play on the main world I used to play on in singleplayer before I made the server. Or a planetoids map I generated some time ago. The singleplayer map has nice landscapes, but it is extremely centralized, I only have one single building outside the island (which isn't that big) I built my city on, but the island itself it very developed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:16:45 PM by Bla »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
On my server that's coming in June, there's going to be a desert called Kaktoland, dedicated to Bla. :P

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2011, 11:24:19 AM »
Thanks. :P
Btw, anyone who's interested in playing on the server this weekend?
New map:

matty406

« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2011, 12:18:45 PM »
I might but it's not certain.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2011, 09:52:38 AM »
So, to sum up the improvements since last time:

• Expedition north, to find clay and explore (I didn't go into any caves). The far northern lava lake started a big natural forest fire.
  • The first floor of Spawntown Bunker is now completely made of iron blocks.
  • Blue Bay Center was built, north of Kaktoland Bridge. I found out that the underground rail system turned directly towards Ampluterra near that area, so I decided to make a station below the sea with access to the Blue Bay Center.
  • As always, more rails. I've cut the underground rails into sections so the minecarts won't go out of chunks if you're anywhere on the track, so there are currently two finished sections (Spawntown to Blue Bay Center, Spawntown to Epicland Hillhouse) and two small upcoming routes at the ends.
  • Spawntown Tower of Anthem has been extended a lot, so there's much more space for note blocks, and the cobblestone frame has been replaced with bricks and sandstone.
  • A new road going north from Spawntown, starting at the Mining Central, going below the forge and extending so far to the Blue Bay Center.
  • The crops in Border Hill Automatic Farm are now safe from being trampled by mobs.
  • The wolves have been moved out to a small pit in front of Spawntown Tower of Anthem temporarily.
  • We've reached 62 stored diamonds.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »
:o

Bla

• Global Moderator
Re: Blacraft (Online)
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2011, 11:53:52 AM »
We needed more gold for our railway to Ampluterra, so I went exploring to the southwest. (I planned to go west or even northwest, but the landscapes were too tempting in that direction).
Finally, after being close to giving up, I found an epic cave, and well... The catch is below, along with the updated world (including a new road north of the Blue Bay Center). The underground below Ampluterra Outpost is visible from the end of the boosters now, and I had to split the railroad up once more, between the Blue Bay Center and the outpost.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »
The map in the OP has been updated.

Also, I was considering building a rail station at Ampluterra Outpost, in preparation for when we've got enough gold to finish the rails. They were extended 30 meters more today. Or do you want to build it yourself, Matty406? Since Ampluterra is your land. I haven't gone to explore it either.

And lastly, has anyone built a portal on this server? Because I found a portal at Epicliff, which made me wonder a bit. I'll destroy it if it's a bug. But I'll make a portal in Spawntown soon, as the Nether becomes available in SMP. But we have plenty of obsidian and loads of lava, so it's not a problem.

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »
I might assume that matty built it, but portals can be natural.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »
Hmm...

I expanded Spawntown a bit. First of all, the square at the town hall has been remade: It now has a layer of glass at the bottom, then a layer of lava, then glass, then water and on the top, it has glass to walk on. The sides are reinforced with obsidian.
The sleeping center has been extended upwards with one extra level.
A pet center has been built.

And, finally, I found another epicave (north of Epicland Lake, which makes me slightly suspicious that it might even be connected to Epicave). There, I found at least 18 gold, so the railway has finally reached Ampluterra Outpost. Now, the place just needs a station, so you can enter it from above.

Also, just request it if you want the server online in this topic. I'm not going to update the original topic, since no one else is using the server anymore. I made a topic on the Minecraft forum too, linked to in the first post, but it was buried in seconds.

Naru523

« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »
I might join again tomorrow since I'm getting bored in Minecraft. I'd have to get your network again, though, because the laptop I had hamachi originally is uber slow. I'll get on that later.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2011, 02:40:36 PM »
Okay, I plan to do a fair amount of homework tomorrow, so I'm not sure how much I'll be online. Well, that's always how I think, but it always ends up being done in a few hours with lots of spare time left. Sigh. Meanwhile, another high school raises the average grades significantly by making the schoolday longer and ending homework.

I can still put the server online. Just request it in the thread, and same about when applying to join the network.

By the way, would you like a road towards your small frozen encampment or should I leave it alone, just another time I'm playing?
And I'm also running low on ideas. Minecraft is powered by ideas to motivate everything.

Naru523

« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »
Mmm, yeah schools are a pain.

Yeah, although I'd probably have to wait for a few hours or so, because my brother is currently using it.

I think you should leave it for awhile; I still have plans for it, but as previously said, the lag is frustrating me. Try making a statue/monument? Or a floating island (Did that on Nue's server)? Maybe an igloo? The ideas are endless.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2011, 02:48:01 PM »
I'd like to build something with a function, but a statue/monument would make sense, because we don't have any yet. Well, we have Kaktoland Bridge as a spiced up bridge, but no pure monument. But what could the statue/monument look like?

I put a few paintings up in Spawntown, too. Creepers at the entrance to the public sleeping center will ensure you can sleep happily with the worst nightmares. :)

Also, it's almost midnight here, so I'll probably log off soon. Absolutely max 1 hour and 12 minutes.

Naru523

« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »
I might build a hand with a pickaxe, and put some signs up like "Blaland Union is the blah blah blah".

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2011, 03:01:09 PM »
Blaland Union? Did you mean:
Blaland,
Blaxian Blaist State,
Blaxian Space State

But yes, a pickaxe makes sense. There should be a square in Spawntown with a monument. Probably north/west of the pet center, so it can serve as a nice mid-town square when Spawntown becomes Spawncity or something else.

Should we make houses? I'm planning to make this server a Communist-ish server where everything is collectivized in, at least, what I make. I don't want to ruin the gameplay for everyone, so I don't force everyone to share all their items or pay taxes. But I don't really see the use for houses when we have public sleeping centers, public bla bla bla... What kind of building can we mass-build so we have something nice and functional to fill in the city scape? :P

Naru523

« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2011, 03:05:25 PM »
A small hotel would also be fitting.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
HOTEL?! That's for greedy capitalists who want to live in luxury while letting other people live in the street. :P
But... As long as the luxury is equally available to everyone, it's fine. I think a hotel sounds too capitalist for my server. How can we mask the name? :P

Naru523

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Hmmm...
Try thinking a Russian cliche name.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2011, 03:15:17 PM »
What would the function of the hotel even be...

I saw a bath on another server. There should be baths somewhere.
There could also be a swimming pool. More than one, where there's an insanely high thing-to-jump-from!
And a rollercoaster. I've always wanted to make an awesome rollercoaster. But not in Spawntown, probably.

I'm planning to make a healthcare center/hospital, with beds and chests near them where bread is stored, so they can be used for healing. This seems a little bit trivial though, and it shouldn't be used as a second sleeping center.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2011, 06:14:01 PM »
Вы призвали к русскому языку, или просто русские?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2011, 11:37:14 AM »
Logging off in 24 minutes.

Naru523, are you... Nafu... Yes. :P Approved.

Naru523

« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2011, 11:37:46 AM »
Yus.
And I was stalking you in another game*.

*aka King Arthur's Gold

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2011, 11:40:04 AM »
Hm hm hm?

Naru523

« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2011, 11:44:23 AM »