Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2602588 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #7530 on: April 29, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »
Swonx and I have a region near the start of the horse road leading to the mesas, Fiah has claimed an area called Fiahno somewhere far away, I think that's all. The people who have joined recently don't seem to have started making regions, Jorster began building in Darvwnse-a.

People have also claimed or shown interest in various areas of the mesa biomes that aren't shown on maps either.

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #7531 on: April 29, 2014, 11:10:37 AM »
Occasionally in Spawntown I always seem to have lag spikes (lower FPS) whenever I'm in a section of it. I'm not sure why, but it's interesting to see the same problem.

smjjames

« Reply #7532 on: April 29, 2014, 11:13:04 AM »
Heh, I deleted the post because I got an out of memory error and I had actually increased the chunk distance a bit earlier, so I wasn't so sure if it was because of an area of spawntown or something else.

Edit: I think it was definetly a result of the buildup to the OOM error because I had increased the chunk distance a bit and MC doesn't like that apparently. Plus I'm not running optifine.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #7533 on: April 29, 2014, 11:16:42 AM »
jister is building in darvincia ffffffssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7534 on: April 29, 2014, 11:19:54 AM »
He has built underground bunker or something around the yellow circle. Didn't he have your permission to do that?

As for lagspike in Spawntown, yes, a bunch of us have noticed that, I noticed it while building Spawntown Intro Center, it seems to happen around there, but did before I built it. No problems in Kaktolake or Blue Bay as far as I'm aware.
Idk what the cause is.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #7535 on: April 29, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »
nice hill building to cover the real thing

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #7536 on: April 29, 2014, 04:03:02 PM »
The hill was there kol

I believe my bunker in progress was griefed. The wood slabs that made up part of the spiral staircase down in to the bunker is broken in spots.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #7537 on: April 29, 2014, 04:08:03 PM »
I blame Bla preemptively reacting for me providing cause of suspicion for your construction (I didn't give you permission, please found your own region, but you can keep your building there)

smjjames

« Reply #7538 on: April 29, 2014, 07:03:45 PM »
The hill was there kol

I believe my bunker in progress was griefed. The wood slabs that made up part of the spiral staircase down in to the bunker is broken in spots.

I did visit the bunker, or maybe it was your house and not THE bunker, but all I did was look around and close the door when I left. Didn't see the spiral staircase though, don't think I did.

There are devtools to see what happened with it, so it'll get solved.

Edit: Yeah it was your house which I visited, not the bunker, and I see the holes in the spiral staircase.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:10:53 PM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7539 on: April 29, 2014, 10:48:07 PM »
I blame Bla preemptively reacting for me providing cause of suspicion for your construction (I didn't give you permission, please found your own region, but you can keep your building there)
Well thanks for blaming me without any evidence, but I haven't touched the area.

I'd like to investigate what happened but I'm very busy atm and probably won't have time before the weekend.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #7540 on: April 30, 2014, 12:19:20 AM »
ok mommy sorry for accusing Our Almighty Human

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7541 on: April 30, 2014, 03:12:08 AM »
Sorry sister but I cannot forgive you.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #7542 on: April 30, 2014, 08:52:24 AM »
Oh no! Now I will commit death! Please forgive me Bla-san!

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7543 on: April 30, 2014, 10:38:30 AM »
Also people remember that Saturday, May 3rd is the next collective storage reporting day!

If Blotz hasn't counted his storage already, I can do it this month because he did it last month.

And Fiah if you haven't unlocked the chests in Revolt City's old storage (or reported its contents) and haven't reported the contents in the new storage if you have locked chests there, please do it.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #7544 on: April 30, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »
Bla is it okay that I have built a base underground with a mine in the mesa region?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7545 on: April 30, 2014, 11:06:49 AM »
I don't know where it is but I don't imagine that there should be a problem with it.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #7546 on: April 30, 2014, 11:12:35 AM »
oh kol I was hiding it because I thought you only let people build in the mesa with a mining permit

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7547 on: April 30, 2014, 11:14:26 AM »
Well thank you for being honest and telling that you prefer to just hide things rather than ask if they're ok then, I guess.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #7548 on: April 30, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
I initially began to build it last night while you were asleep because I had gone along the gay mesa road because I wanted to, fought mobs because it turned night and had to, so I wound up setting up a base and decided to mine under the ground because that's my natural instinct when I start a new base. I also made a portal which is near your mesa portal in the Nether.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7549 on: April 30, 2014, 01:23:56 PM »
Fair enough and that shouldn't be a problem. But the rules say

"If you're unsure about some rules, please bring it up for the admins to consider instead of risking breaking them."

So if you think you're not allowed to do something, the way to deal with it is to ask the admins and not just do it anyway.

I think all the rules should be collected here:
http://blacraft.wikia.com/wiki/Rules

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #7550 on: April 30, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »
mpw blacraft wiki I forgot that existed.

i don't even understand the point of the redstone+obsidian glitch because there's so much lava in the first place

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #7551 on: April 30, 2014, 03:45:08 PM »
Are there any special protocols I have to go through to make a Region?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #7552 on: April 30, 2014, 04:03:55 PM »
yes first you must summon gorchul, then draw your region on the map and post it to blacraft forum for approval.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #7553 on: April 30, 2014, 05:11:48 PM »
for a second i thought you said religion
anyways to here
http://blacraft.createaforum.com/

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #7554 on: April 30, 2014, 07:51:55 PM »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7555 on: May 01, 2014, 01:48:37 AM »
Are there any special protocols I have to go through to make a Region?
If you open up Dynmap, take a screenshot of an unclaimed area you'd like, draw rough borders around it. Post it here or (preferably) in this thread
http://blacraft.createaforum.com/blacraft-general/land-division-thread/
Then we'll consider if you can get the region.

You could also tell us your prefered biome for your region or something like that, and then I can propose a region or maybe give you an inactive region that's closer to spawn.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7556 on: May 02, 2014, 06:08:43 AM »
Remember collective storages tomorrow

Also people remember that Saturday, May 3rd is the next collective storage reporting day!

If Blotz hasn't counted his storage already, I can do it this month because he did it last month.

And Fiah if you haven't unlocked the chests in Revolt City's old storage (or reported its contents) and haven't reported the contents in the new storage if you have locked chests there, please do it.

Also I've investigated what happened in your bunker (Jorster): While you were building the wood slabs on April 29 around 1:00 (server time), they were set on fire, probably by the lava you placed. About 7 hours later, many other wood slabs burned down, because the bunker was loaded while Smjjames was in the area for a while (as in within ~160m so the chunks were loaded by the server). He didn't interact with the fires, they just spread naturally.

Based on this evidence I can't call the fires griefing and can't give compensation for what happened.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 06:58:44 AM by Bla »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7557 on: May 03, 2014, 03:31:39 AM »
Cool. Spawntown can easily provide the 384 coal for the project if you want, as we have 17,610 coal and there's no point in wasting time chopping trees to get charcoal then. Also, only 48 logs should be needed for the sticks, as 1 stick and 1 coal makes 4 torches, so 1 log makes 8 sticks or 32 torches, and 48 logs make 1536 torches.

The farms at Border Hill also have a lot of excess seeds that you can take some from, but not 20k.

For the side walls, the only material we have anywhere near 50k of is cobblestone, which we have 41k of in collective storages plus a lot in public storages too. I can provide some cobblestone if you want to use that.

Building it all the way up to y = 256 sounds a bit overkill imo, but if you want to, I won't stop you. :P

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #7558 on: May 03, 2014, 04:20:00 AM »
pumpkins for sidewalls!

that's a huge wheat farm :P

swonx

• vore me donald
« Reply #7559 on: May 03, 2014, 04:22:38 AM »
Cool. Spawntown can easily provide the 384 coal for the project if you want, as we have 17,610 coal and there's no point in wasting time chopping trees to get charcoal then. Also, only 48 logs should be needed for the sticks, as 1 stick and 1 coal makes 4 torches, so 1 log makes 8 sticks or 32 torches, and 48 logs make 1536 torches.

The farms at Border Hill also have a lot of excess seeds that you can take some from, but not 20k.

For the side walls, the only material we have anywhere near 50k of is cobblestone, which we have 41k of in collective storages plus a lot in public storages too. I can provide some cobblestone if you want to use that.

Building it all the way up to y = 256 sounds a bit overkill imo, but if you want to, I won't stop you. :P
Altogether the building will use 150k blocks (if floors (doubling as roofs) are installed(which i probably will only do for underneath the irrigation canals)), which is a massive amount, and there is still required cobble for the dispensers (if i get around to that).
The building in theory, should be able to make 21,936 wheat and 20k to 50k seeds an hour. A single harvest would provide wheat/seeds and therefore animals (breeding) for a very, very long time.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:26:55 AM by swonx »