Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2600404 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #3060 on: March 10, 2012, 07:28:22 AM »
I put them in dumping.

What do you need them for?

And btw, it's your turn in Map War 2. :P

smjjames

« Reply #3061 on: March 10, 2012, 07:33:26 AM »
Maybe make the line south a little further southeast and the station near where that lava pool was?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3062 on: March 10, 2012, 07:36:23 AM »
Like, green?
It'll have to go at least 20 meters further than Rift Auspikitan station, so there's room for the station and so the rails can stay on the 20m grid they're planned for.

smjjames

« Reply #3063 on: March 10, 2012, 07:41:16 AM »
Yea that'll work. Also I was thinking of covering the walls with sandstone for the station and possibly a ways further up the line.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3064 on: March 10, 2012, 07:42:43 AM »
Like in Spawntown? It is possible. My idea was for each region to have their own, unique walls for the rails. In Spawntown it's sandstone and bricks, so maybe you could combine sandstone with another material.

This was my idea for the rails in Epicland. You can make a proposal for how the walls and floors should be in the rail tunnels in Kaeshar.

Hmm, maybe all planks would actually look much better...

The idea with the plans is also to make the rails reflect the building style in the region, so the reason Spawntown has sandstone and bricks is because the buildings use those materials. :P

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3065 on: March 10, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »
obsidian and lava :)

jk :P

smjjames

« Reply #3066 on: March 10, 2012, 07:46:48 AM »
Although might want to move it a few pixels west so it doesn't accidentially hit the wall of my quarry. I also have the first level of my branch mining tunnels just below the rail line at 49, but that won't be a problem.

I was also thinking of putting like a mural, but maybe I can use dyed wool for some sort of pattern.

I wouldn't mind making a second station at the quarry or warehouse nearby, or perhaps in between.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3067 on: March 10, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »
I'm not sure, maybe we should ristrict the design to a fixed pattern with two different materials. The middle blocks on the walls and on the torch lane will be one material, the rest of the walls and the blocks below the tracks are another material. I like the idea of a mural and have considered the same for Spawntown, but I also really like having it very standardized and consistent.

What do people think?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3068 on: March 10, 2012, 07:53:03 AM »
i don't think the material used should be restricted. It's functional either way.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3069 on: March 10, 2012, 07:54:17 AM »
Maybe consistent walls, but then you can make the roof tall like in Spawntown, and hang banners down that space with wool blocks like every 20 meters?

smjjames

« Reply #3070 on: March 10, 2012, 07:56:21 AM »
I'm not sure, maybe we should ristrict the design to a fixed pattern with two different materials. The middle blocks on the walls and on the torch lane will be one material, the rest of the walls and the blocks below the tracks are another material. I like the idea of a mural and have considered the same for Spawntown, but I also really like having it very standardized and consistent.

What do people think?

The problem with a mural is that you can't do much with blocks and a 3 block high space and I was just musing about.

I can go with a combination of sandstone and colored wool, perhaps cactus green. fitting because its both a desert and the station will be at an oasis (soon to have a town built around it, as soon as the grass propogates into the dirt area :P )

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3071 on: March 10, 2012, 08:04:04 AM »
you could do what bla has done in spawntown and quarry out the entire rail to the surface, then you have a 20x50 or so space :)

smjjames

« Reply #3072 on: March 10, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »
you could do what bla has done in spawntown and quarry out the entire rail to the surface, then you have a 20x50 or so space :)

Or do that, yes.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3073 on: March 10, 2012, 08:49:11 AM »
stuffs to do

Bla might smooth out the border and connect the soon to be new spawntown with the road system. Maybe a bridge to the northern deseert also. Also if you want maybe roads to nausikaa and the melon farm. I can mark out the path or you can, but i cannot into blaroads :P

also blue area. I like the island chain and may build stuff on it, but the new 1.2 might generate land there so i plan to explore it.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3074 on: March 10, 2012, 08:49:23 AM »
More laddarvinces added to public storage.

Stare.

Has anyone settled in Nausikaa? And is that the desert west of Lotservania? If no-one has, I don't think I should even out the border, because I might just delete it for 1.2 then. And the same goes for the archipilago, problably, unless... Idk.
But yes, the Quonblaist road is a good idea. All of the roads, in fact. They're hard to spot. :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:55:26 AM by Bla »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3075 on: March 10, 2012, 08:51:29 AM »
what a small quarry

now fill it with tnt :)

smjjames

« Reply #3076 on: March 10, 2012, 08:54:57 AM »
stuffs to do

Bla might smooth out the border and connect the soon to be new spawntown with the road system. Maybe a bridge to the northern deseert also. Also if you want maybe roads to nausikaa and the melon farm. I can mark out the path or you can, but i cannot into blaroads :P

also blue area. I like the island chain and may build stuff on it, but the new 1.2 might generate land there so i plan to explore it.

New Spawntown? I thought the triple epic ravine in the north was going to be New Spawntown, although that is rather far north.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3077 on: March 10, 2012, 08:56:08 AM »
no that was darvince joking. bla mentioned he might expand to the desert to the west though, and has built an outpost there.

smjjames

« Reply #3078 on: March 10, 2012, 08:57:26 AM »
Where is Nausicaa though?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3079 on: March 10, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »
Has anyone settled in Nausikaa?
There isn't really a definite border, so i don't know what you mean.
And the same goes for the archipilago, problably, unless... Idk.
Yeah you can delete the archipelago...good thing i have no buildings facing it, that place is a chunk border nightmare :P

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3080 on: March 10, 2012, 08:58:10 AM »
smjjames, my palace/building made of stone bricks we were at last time.

smjjames

« Reply #3081 on: March 10, 2012, 08:59:42 AM »
The one out on the water? Didn't realize it was called that, cool name.

It does need a road though, the path down there is a bit steep.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3082 on: March 10, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »
when you cut the border though, bla, please don't slice it within about 200 blocks or so from nausikaa...i want it to look like empty ocean :)

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3083 on: March 10, 2012, 09:04:22 AM »
Kolok, I'll try to remember that.

I thought Nausikaa was the desert west of Lotservania. :P Has anyone settled in it?

smjjames

« Reply #3084 on: March 10, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
when you cut the border though, bla, please don't slice it within about 200 blocks or so from nausikaa...i want it to look like empty ocean :)

Or maybe keep that whole bay its in?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3085 on: March 10, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »
no Nausikaa is not the desert west of Lotservania and no one has settled in it (the desert west of lotservania)

smjjames

« Reply #3086 on: March 10, 2012, 09:06:03 AM »
Kolok, I'll try to remember that.

I thought Nausikaa was the desert west of Lotservania. :P Has anyone settled in it?

Besides your outpost? Nobody that I'm aware of.

smjjames

« Reply #3087 on: March 10, 2012, 09:11:42 AM »
what a small quarry

now fill it with tnt :)

Speaking of filling it with TNT, I've been thinking of filling the abandoned quarry on that island with TNT, but after reading the wiki page on TNT, it'll still leave a shell, although the sand walls will collapse and I'd have to fill it up with water lest it be a navigation hazard.

Then again, I may do something else with it in the future.

Or better yet, could you delete the chunks that the island is on? I've already removed the stuff that was inside the shelter. Perhaps something better will generate in 1.2

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3088 on: March 10, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »
no, he means the desert north of the desert you're talking about smjjames :)

and no one has settled there it think

besides the ender colossus of course

Ender-Colossus (Minecraft Machinima)

smjjames

« Reply #3089 on: March 10, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
no, he means the desert north of the desert you're talking about smjjames :)

and no one has settled there it think

besides the ender colossus of course

Ender-Colossus (Minecraft Machinima)

Oop, was looking at the wrong one when I looked at the map, but yes, nobody has settled there AFAIK.

What about me filling in that island I mentioned with TNT (wasn't sure if I needed to ask permission to use lots of TNT or not) or just having Bla delete the chunks that its on and hope something better generates?

I dug that island out with no real plan in mind, so its kind of messed up.