Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2583239 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2011, 12:33:20 AM »
I can't get in. Fail.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2011, 12:35:41 AM »
It's down for maintainance. I just rendered it and found two corrupted chunks, which I'll have to delete.

Edit: Done, it's up again.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:40:15 AM by Bla »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2011, 12:41:54 AM »
would you make us your children

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2011, 12:42:27 AM »
would you make us your children
Go be Austria's and Hungary's child.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2011, 12:56:48 AM »
The server is back up.

Edit: It's back up again. NOW IT HAS TO STOP REBELLING.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:09:55 AM by Bla »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2011, 07:04:28 AM »
I've decided to split Novascotchara. A part of it became The Battleground, which is going to be a PvP area where people can fight snowball fights, or fight real battles, build bases etc, and players can claim different area of the land, except the areas bordering the surrounding zones, which will be stronger start bases which can also help defend nearby territory.
I hope it's okay with you, SuperNova. Novascotchara seemed oversized compared to other regions, and that area seemed perfect for PvP.

I've also drawn Ampluterra's borders, I hope matty406 is okay with them (if not, then complain :P).

And I've drawn Rift Auspikitan's borders. Are they ok, Nue? I haven't drawn the municipalities yet, because I thought the ones you proposed were too small and I wasn't able to distinguish them enough to decide what areas to put under which ones. I propose you make fewer, larger and more distinguishable municipalities.

I also finished the municipalities in Kaktoland. Also, SuperNova, don't bother, don't bother cutting out those maps for the wiki, as I only have to use two clicks to mark a whole region perfectly. :P

And I made Awesomeland, which Quontex is going to develop, if it's fine with everybody else.

Now to the gameplay bit
Originally, I intended regions and municipalities to simply be distinguishable defined areas, so we could refer to places easily, but it seems like we've also thought of it as areas some players own. This conflicts a lot with the Blacraft State. I sort of wanted this world to be a Communist world, and I think there are many servers which have iConomy which people could just go to if they wanted to play on that sort of servers. But maybe this isn't the best option. How do you think of regions? Should there be any limits to how much territory you may claim, and if so, how should that limit be?

I'll make two proposals:

To abolish the Blacraft State as a global state and implement states. Players or groups of them can make their own states, which own the different regions. In this case, the players who wanted to be a part of, for example, Bla's State, would be able to vote in the current Blacraft Voting Center, and that center would only have influence of these lands. Also, the Blacraft Tax Center (and what I find) would probably only go to my own state.
Different states could make diplomatic pacts with each other.

- Or -

To have two rival states, the Capitalist State and the Communist State. Each of these would expand in opposite directions, and form a front on the middle, where they could be battle sometimes, to claim some of each other's lands, if they agree to.
This may conflict with how people have settled currently, since Idk who would join which one, and it'd be a problem if for example Quontex owned Quontia, and he wanted to be in the Capitalist State.

I personally think this would be the best idea. I can just imagine The Obsidian Curtain, all sorts of interesting defense systems, in 1.7 probably piston cannons ready to bomb the area around it down to bedrock, long range automatic arrow dispensers etc. In this case, I imagine the Communists expanding northeast, and Capitalists expanding southwest. Our rail systems would be seperate, our economies probably wouldn't mix, taxes in the tax center would only go to the Communist side. There could maybe be some neutral areas along the borders, if those players want to stay out of this.

Spawntown would be on the Communist side, but maybe the spawn point would be moved, and the town renamed. A newly joining player would be able to go to the capitalist side anyway, if it wanted to. But if we host the server, we might want a proper spawn point which is blocked off from the outside world. What would happen if a side conquered the spawn area, though?
And the underground rail would also go to the Communists, be sealed off with obsidian at the entry point to the Capitalist State, maybe with some posts to withstand an underground attack through it.

---

So, those are my proposals. I'm deeply biased towards the last one, so if you say "first", please come up with some reasons, so that I can destroy them. :P Or be convinced, if that is actually the best choise. I fear it'll lead to everyone making their own states, and the states will consist of island regions within each other, and that we'll stop cooperating. Some of what I think the regions destroyed after people began owning them was also that you couldn't just build or harvest anything if you wanted to, except if there were a special plan for the region.
How I saw the ideal Blacraft server was as a world where we all settled, expanded, extracted resources, shared what we didn't need with each other, where everything we built was connected with underground rails and roads, and where we didn't waste gold or glowstone on making currencies. Trading in this way is incompatible with how I thought it should be. Maybe I could accept trading one resource for another resource.

Sorry about the long test, I guess no one actually read it all, but I'm hoping you find it interesting how we should make the server in the future. If you don't care, really, I might just use the last proposal.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2011, 10:17:17 AM »
If this turns to PvP server, I am not going to be on it.

Also, now that I've seen Rift Austipkian's size, they'll probably want it larger.

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2011, 10:24:25 AM »
I am going on a conquest to get some land. It's past Ampluterre. Is that all right with you that I get that land past Ampluterre (on the map it's past the border of Ampluterre and the Ampluterre Outpost)

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »
I am going on a conquest to get some land. It's past Ampluterre. Is that all right with you that I get that land past Ampluterre (on the map it's past the border of Ampluterre and the Ampluterre Outpost)
Then settle in a new place. :)

What is past Ampluterra? Matty406 controls Ampluterra, which is the whole yellow area. The red borders are internal borders within the regions (yellow). But I'll let Matty406 determine what you can do with the region.

And Darvince, it's not turning into a PvP server. It may turn into a two faction server, if that's what people want. We have a battleground for PvP. My idea was more that there may be some rare wars over single municipalities (not multiple at the same time) between the two factions, and those wars should be planned so that everyone who want to fight have a chance to be on.
Just before, I was thinking about every municipality having a flag - red for the Communists, and blue for the Capitalists, and during a war, the objective is to destroy the enemy flag and replace it. The flag can be placed anywhere within the municipality and moved after the municipality is captured.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2011, 10:38:28 AM »
Is it up? Oh, can the bottom part of Rift Auspikitan have a bit more ocean? If I can't have 8 municpalities, then there can be... 4. The Desert, Volcano, Rift, and Ocean Province. :P

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2011, 10:39:08 AM »
I spy this area. I dunno what to call it yet.

Naru523

« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »
Here's the divisions of Yukiland, then.

Also is it alright if I expand south-ward into that small continent?

EDIT: Okay um.. weird image glitch.

EDIT2: Fixed.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2011, 10:40:42 AM »
Now it is. Do you approve Rift Auspikitan btw?

Darvince, I think it's better without the far eastern mainland and the forested island very close to it, if that's ok? Then I'll make those borders.

Naru: I do not understand one pixel of that. Edit: Oh, looks fine, I'll try to make that on the map. But you're going to have a border dispute with Darvince. You two should better sort that out.

Naru523

« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2011, 10:42:52 AM »
I noticed.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
I edited it. lol Look at my post again.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2011, 10:45:01 AM »
Then I'll move farther east into the unknown.

Like this.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2011, 10:47:56 AM »
Oh, can the bottom part of Rift Auspikitan have a bit more ocean? If I can't have 8 municpalities, then there can be... 4. The Desert, Volcano, Rift, and Ocean Province. :P
I think the ocean borders look fair? Where would you want more ocean, and why at all? Earlier I gave you less ocean, but I changed that so you could border the battleground and have your own outpost in your border of it.
But yes, I think you could have that, maybe except from the ocean municipality. Idk where it should be. It shouldn't only contain ocean, if you aren't building something significant on the ocean then, at least.

Darvince: You can start with the western island, if that's ok? :)

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2011, 10:50:17 AM »
fine then

but i really like the area where the portal is.

Naru523

« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2011, 11:10:41 AM »
wtf that's my portal.

And minecraft.net is down.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »
Here's my proposal for Rift Auspikitan borders... Or something like it. Just don't cut off the lava or "rift" (just north of it)

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2011, 02:34:18 PM »
Hey, I can't connect.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »
Hmm. I'll try to restart it.

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »
Bla, remap the world.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #293 on: June 14, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »
Lolyeah, I need to put Solea border proposal.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »
I will. Just a sec.

Naru523

« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »
Darvince that's my portal where you region is next to. I haven't finished building my sea house.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #296 on: June 14, 2011, 03:53:17 PM »
It refuses to map it, sorry. I'll have to wait until after I've slept.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quontex

• For The Republic!
    • Space Engine
« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2011, 11:36:45 PM »
So anyone want to become capitalist?

Im kinda by my self...

Naru523

« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2011, 11:37:29 PM »
Everyone is capitalist.

'cept Bla, of course.

Actually there might be some other people who will become communist... I'm not saying who.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:42:46 PM by Naru523 »