Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: World Map Game II [Getting written]  (Read 3522 times)

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
World Map Game II [Getting written]
« on: December 13, 2010, 10:27:51 PM »
World Map Game got overabused with the WMD, so I'm going to start a new game, with a new map and such. Rules will be probably the same, just the I'm going to change some.

RULES: (By NeutronStar, edited)
I. Treaties/Alliance

a. If you make a treaty or an alliance, all people must agree, or they are not held against it if they violate it.

II. Turn length

a. Your turn may be up 24 hours in length. If you excede this limit, it goes on to the next player's turn.
b. If you are on vacation, and you post so, people are not allowed to post, as you have no control if you can do anything.
        ba. If you post on any part of this forum when you are on "vacation", your turn will automatically end, and you will not be able to hold up the game.

REVISION 4

bb. If you declare "vacation" then gameplay is still going, but no one has to wait for you, and no one must interfere with your country.

III. Declaring war/peace

a. If you declare war on a player, you can take their land thus starting a war.
b. If you want peace after a long period of time or you are losing land, you must sign a peace agreement with the player you attacked. The other player must decide on this.

IV. Land takeover

a. If you take over alot of land, and it causes a dispute between ANY two players, the player who took the turn has to redo it.
b. If a dispute occurs between any two players, gameplay is suspended until either
ba. the dispute is resolved
bb. the player who took the disputable turn re does it, taking less area.
bc. known as an act of war

V. Game End - added in revision 2

a. If the whole world is taken by one country, game ends.
b. If the whole of the players agree on the end of the game, the game ends.
c. If problems start to arise, and 3/5 people agree on end of game, the game ends.

VI. Reviving your country - added in revision 2

a. If your last country was defeated, you may revolt ONCE, if you cannot set up your country again, you are out of the game.

VII. Signing a pact

a. You can sign a defensive pact with another player if they are attacked. This is helpful (used by the Anglo-Polish and Franco-Polish military alliance before World War II) for others.
b. You can sign cooperative pact with another player, if one player attacks another one, the player who attack will get an assist from the one who the player signed to.

VIII. Controlling a country

a. If you take over an uncontrolled and controlled large country with just one turn, it is invalid. You must redo this turn in order to make this game realistic.
ab. Unless the countries you own and the unclaimed have close relations, you can let them join you (search up in Wikipedia for close relations (such as 'Foreign relations of Russia')).
b. If you take over a small (such as the size of Switzerland), unclaimed or not, country, it will be valid, as each turn equals one month.

IX. Taking over a neutral country
a. If you take over a neutral country which is unclaimed (such as Switzerland), you might expect other players to attack you.
b. Unless you have strong military, your land will be taken one by one unless the country is free from your nation.

You can make some changes to the rules as long as it is good (for us).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 10:33:09 PM by Naru523 »

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
Re: World Map Game II [Getting written]
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:13:59 PM »
You can change the rules so that IIbb is grammatically correct, by changing the second "but" to be an "and".

Naru523

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
You can change the rules so that IIbb is grammatically correct, by changing the second "but" to be an "and".

Thanks.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 04:24:35 PM »
boom.

Naru523

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 08:10:53 PM »

Naru523

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 08:16:38 PM »
I guess we can use this map.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 10:28:38 PM »
boom.

Nao... correct the first VI to IV, and IV bc makes no sense

If a dispute occurs between any two players, gameplay is suspended until either known as an act of war

huh?

Naru523

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »
If a dispute occurs between any two players, gameplay is suspended until either known as an act of war

huh?

You wrote it didn't you?

Nevermind, I get what you meant. I mean if there is a dispute between two players, it will be known as claiming other's territories. That is unless you wrote dispute that has a different definition.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 10:40:21 PM »
I didn't write bc, I wrote b, ba, and bb, you added bc afaik.

Naru523

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »
I didn't write bc, I wrote b, ba, and bb, you added bc afaik.

Nevermind, I get what you meant. I mean if there is a dispute between two players, it will be known as claiming other's territories. That is unless you wrote dispute that has a different definition.