Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 57 Star Test System w/ Panorama Picture Test  (Read 6876 times)

TheFinnishForehead

• Gamer, Engineer, Nerd and Weeb
57 Star Test System w/ Panorama Picture Test
« on: May 19, 2018, 04:23:35 AM »
Yo. I'm still experimenting with these things, but for a first try, not too shabby. The links you will be seeing below are directed at various users. I made a smaller (and crappy quality...) version of the full sized picture for those without Photoshop (TIFF File format), the full-size PSB Format (be warned.... it's 300,000x26,500p....), a text file with the names and distances relative to the planet and a star map of the entire system.
HDR conversion rekt the planet, looks super deformed near the southern pole, but ignore that. As for the Star Map and TIFF images, you need to wait a while for them to focus(or show up at all for that matter...), and when u browse through the TIFF file, u need to stop at a certain point and let it process until it forms a sharper image of that spot....

Your opinions? :)

.PSB File (Absolutely monstrous resolution): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-KOVVplv1G4Qnzi1vn_4r_U2YQtwJ9dZ/view?usp=sharing

.TIFF File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nF0C_xNW8Gs2c5BJno2tdNg3yV9FTc2F/view?usp=sharing

.txt File (Star List): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bBY6AgnLCy_iBpYFiKljb5ueeDj7Lx-m/view?usp=sharing

.png File (Star Map): https://drive.google.com/file/d/15jWGVNwqrbNjF5yvSm2YiPm6CKQNu7Me/view?usp=sharing

KimJammer

• Error: Null
    • My US2 Discord Server
Re: 57 Star Test System w/ Panorama Picture Test
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 05:18:31 AM »
Cool! Looks Amazing.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 06:17:29 AM »
Can I collaborate here too? Even though I use a old version of Photoshop (cough CS5 cough), I can imagine this is amazing!

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »
Sure, it'd be cool :) I'm still waiting for Adobe the reply to my message about going around the stupid 300k x 300k pixels limit... But in the meanwhile, I've been photographing black holes. First approach was the accretion disk. The light from it is clearly distorted and curved, so that is awesome. I accidentally blew up a solar system experimenting with that, but it gave me even cooler material.... photographing a black hole inside a supernova. Also, the apparent luminosity changed by several orders of magnitude. It went from being barely visible grey ish dot (in-game, without the enhancing techniques) to huge bright blue-white that outshined every other star in the sky. It was 2500 ly (ish) away too :D

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 08:54:12 AM »
Oh btw, I'll post here cropped "close by" shots of the black hole system 2500 light years away :P

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 04:32:36 PM »
Sure, it'd be cool :)

If you could PM me that one single .ubox of this 2000 ly galaxy...

I'm still waiting for Adobe the reply to my message about going around the stupid 300k x 300k pixels limit...

That one thing, if they just could expand it up! Oh wel its beyond even Hubble anyway.

But in the meanwhile, I've been photographing black holes. First approach was the accretion disk. The light from it is clearly distorted and curved, so that is awesome.

Woah! It must had been awesome!

I accidentally blew up a solar system experimenting with that, but it gave me even cooler material.... photographing a black hole inside a supernova.

insert Zeno's woaaaah from Dragon Ball Super

Also, the apparent luminosity changed by several orders of magnitude. It went from being barely visible grey ish dot (in-game, without the enhancing techniques) to huge bright blue-white that outshined every other star in the sky. It was 2500 ly (ish) away too :D

Just like N6946-BH1! Except its reverse, and its a A-type giant instead of a M-type giant.

Oh btw, I'll post here cropped "close by" shots of the black hole system 2500 light years away :P

Looking forward to that!

Also that single image... Its 10 GB big, or 4.76191x the size of US²!

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 02:54:39 PM »
Yeah sure, I'll pm it to ya when I have the time. Been busy with my work too so the progress has slowed down a bit, but I'll get new simulation results for you shortly. I have to refine the black hole imaging process, it's not complete yet, but the initial results look cool. Also, it seems that taking pics of planets just sucks. I couldn't even get a pic of a planet 6 AUs away, even after enhancing the image. Also, either the planet does very little to affect the light from a star, or I can't align stuff properly, but I can't see even a slightest change in the light or the spectrum when I place a planet in front of a star, even from a distance of 1 ly.... I should probably start analyzing the light pixel by pixel, but that's just a pain in the ass to do....

But here's initial results from the black hole inside a black hole forming supernova....

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 02:59:43 PM »
The purple spectral lines are due to both M-class and O-B class giant stars orbiting, mixing the light. In the 2nd photo u see the supernova happening, and then the last pic is after the entire system was destroyed, creating a superluminous explosion. That was very cool.... Ofc, the bright blue light wasn't eternal and it dimmed over time, but even then it was still an order of magnitude (or 2) brighter than the pre-supernova system....

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 03:07:25 PM »
Also, here's a pic with a different config, with nothing but red dwarf stars. You can see the curvature and the distorted light. Dunno why it looks so "box like" but it may have something to do with the different orbits and slightly different sizes? Or I broke the simulator. But nevertheless, it's cool.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 03:12:32 PM »
Wooooaaaaaaaaaah! Amazing!

KimJammer

• My US2 Discord Server
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 03:15:55 PM »
Cool! I should try that.

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 03:27:45 PM »
Yeah it is amazing :) I probably should check out a nova as well. In US2 the blue jets of matter look cool. If I captured that, what would it look like...? I can't wait to find out! :D

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
I'm currently generating more content, but the processing times are.... well, rather long... I have generated over 200 gigabytes of data in 2 days :D You should expect more cool content within 15 hours or so. I just attempted to create that nova but accidentally used a too massive star, resulting in supernova lmao. Well, recorded that too, processing those atm. But due to it being nearly 2 am, and work tomorrow(2day, really), I'll crash after processing those :)

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 05:26:56 PM »
Ok, the pics are processed. Also, since I can't increase the resolution of my individual pictures (1.474 GPix), I thought of increasing the efficiency of that 1.474 GPix. I probably can get some seriously good increase in efficiency, but that's gonna punish my GPU very hard.... Rendering the 5K image at 8 times higher resolution.... disgusting. That'd effectively mean that instead of 1.474 GPix, the shots COULD (I dunno if that applies to the screenshots....) be rendered at 11.796 GPix, which would be absolutely retarded. Even without that, it should help with the pixelation when zooming in, improving the quality. Eventually, I'm gonna get a 4K screen just for this game, to achieve that sweet sweet 76,800x43,200p resolution per screenshot (using nVidia DSR to make it 8K), meaning 3.317 GPix, also, if I were to apply those new methods, assuming they work, to that screenshot, it'd mean 26.542 GPix per picture. Pretty damn good right

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 06:00:57 AM »
Yeah well, that didn't quite work out.... The game started crashing when I took a screenshot, and now it won't stop crashing even after reverting the settings. I already reinstalled, now checking the file integrity and restarted my PC, so I hope it'll start working again....

KimJammer

• My US2 Discord Server
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 06:27:54 AM »
Well, I hope it works again. Good Luck!

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 06:53:54 AM »
Here's a supernova that formed after colliding 2 red dwarfs at high speeds in a trinary system. I've never seen such interesting blue spectral lines.

So yeah, got it to work again, and I'm now investigating into supernovae. It's slow tho, each pic takes approximately 15-20 minutes to process. Photoshop alone uses 40GB RAM :P Still, I've got RAM to spare for even larger pics.

KimJammer

• My US2 Discord Server
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 04:15:59 PM »
That looks amazing! It’s like some sort of hyper tech spaceship.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 09:10:38 PM »
Also, here's a pic with a different config, with nothing but red dwarf stars. You can see the curvature and the distorted light. Dunno why it looks so "box like" but it may have something to do with the different orbits and slightly different sizes? Or I broke the simulator. But nevertheless, it's cool.

You still had "orbits" or "trails" enabled, the orbit/trail is just huge because you zoomed in, you might want to take that one again.

Here's a supernova that formed after colliding 2 red dwarfs at high speeds in a trinary system. I've never seen such interesting blue spectral lines.

So yeah, got it to work again, and I'm now investigating into supernovae. It's slow tho, each pic takes approximately 15-20 minutes to process. Photoshop alone uses 40GB RAM :P Still, I've got RAM to spare for even larger pics.

Unfortunately those aren't spectral lines, those are the jets caused by some fragments formed in the collision that came too close to the third star and so are like giant comets.

Just wanted to clear those up :-)

TheFinnishForehead

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 10:51:01 PM »
Good thing you mentioned it. Yeah, it's quite clear to me now. Also, I'm currently working on detecting exoplanets via transit photometry. I hope the game is accurate enough to make use of my 100% sRGB and 97% AdobeRGB HDR screen. I should be able to detect the incredibly small changes in the light emitted by a star by analyzing the pixels one by one, not just with naked eye but with the color code for each and every pixel