Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Telescoping Around  (Read 3971 times)

TheFinnishForehead

• Gamer, Engineer, Nerd and Weeb
Telescoping Around
« on: May 17, 2018, 03:59:26 PM »
Hi there.

I've become completely addicted to finding out how far away you can actually see in US2. I've tried so many variations and configs of things, and then I got an idea.... Could I take photos of the planets in another star systems? So that's been my goal right now. So far, I haven't succeeded. (Btw, the resolution at which the pics are taken is 1.474 Gigapixels). Do you have any idea how to make this work? I'm confident it's possible to do this. Any idea about configs, positions etc? Also, when I get this working, I'll be pushing the limits and moving the planets further and further away :P It'd be very much appreciated guys.

Btw, the pic is taken from a Brown Dwarf at a distance of 100 light years. Even these relatively dim objects are visible with high enough resolution and proper software to handle most of the work :P And yeah, it's so damn weird colored. That's on me. Had to boost the light because originally that wasn't visible at all... Clicked the wrong tool, was satisfied with the result so I just let it slide lol :D

Gurren Lagann TSS

Re: Telescoping Around
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »
Hi there.

I've become completely addicted to finding out how far away you can actually see in US2. I've tried so many variations and configs of things, and then I got an idea.... Could I take photos of the planets in another star systems? So that's been my goal right now. So far, I haven't succeeded. (Btw, the resolution at which the pics are taken is 1.474 Gigapixels). Do you have any idea how to make this work? I'm confident it's possible to do this. Any idea about configs, positions etc? Also, when I get this working, I'll be pushing the limits and moving the planets further and further away :P It'd be very much appreciated guys.

Btw, the pic is taken from a Brown Dwarf at a distance of 100 light years. Even these relatively dim objects are visible with high enough resolution and proper software to handle most of the work :P And yeah, it's so damn weird colored. That's on me. Had to boost the light because originally that wasn't visible at all... Clicked the wrong tool, was satisfied with the result so I just let it slide lol :D

Woah! That's amazing!

TheFinnishForehead

• Gamer, Engineer, Nerd and Weeb
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »
I think I just hit a new record. That's Proxima Centauri. Taken from a distance of four.... hundred and thirty light years.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 05:47:43 AM »
It would be a great idea if you could stare at planets and stars in other solar systems in Universe Sandbox 2.

B33bo

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 05:44:41 AM »
I think I just hit a new record. That's Proxima Centauri. Taken from a distance of four.... hundred and thirty light years.

92 billion light years >:) 8)

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 07:31:13 AM »

92 billion light years >:) 8)

The star is not even visible. For the record to count, the star MUST be visible on the image - a tip is to have image in a massive resolution.

Pizzaeater1K

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »
Changing field of view, I managed to get a decent picture of the glow from proxima centauri from 500 light years. my monitor resolution sucks

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 08:46:55 PM »
Well done. Now try to take a picture of Proxima Centauri from 1000 light years away.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 10:18:16 AM »
Well done. Now try to take a picture of Proxima Centauri from 1000 light years away.
Nah - from Era Carinae (9000 ly away)!