Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Habitable zones around asteroids, rocky planets and gas giants  (Read 2604 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
When you heat up an asteroid, rocky planets or gas giant to temperatures which are over 1000 degrees Celsius, there should be a habitable zone forming around the hot object. Currently developers did not bother making habitable zones for hot objects other than stars.

There is a need for habitable zones on hot asteroids, rocky planets and gas giants, because when they are heated up manually by editing the temperature or heated by collisions, automatically a new habitable zone is created in the space around the object.

For example, if I put Earth into a new simulation and heat it up to 1000+ degrees Celsius, a habitable zone should begin to appear.

However small or big a rocky or gas planet is, it is suppose to have zones around it. The distance of the temperature zones depends on how much heat the object is ejecting into the occupying space around its body.

Please add temperature zones around hot asteroids, rocky planets and gas giants.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:14:54 PM by Cesare »

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
Re: Habitable zones around asteroids, rocky planets and gas giants
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 07:18:39 PM »
As you can see in the four images about, I made two rocky planets and two gas giants hot at different temperature.

1. Hot Earth at 1200 degrees Celsius.

2. Mars at 10000 degrees Celsius.

3. Jupiter at 2000 degrees Celsius.

4. Jupiter at 5555 degrees Celsius.

There should be zones depending on the planet's heat. Red, green and blue zones should show up for rocky and gas giants when the temperature exceeds 1000 degrees Celsius.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 02:36:13 PM »
How about actual brown dwarfs between 13-80 masses of Jupiter?

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 03:08:03 PM »
Yes, we need brown dwarf zones as well, but it is necessary for the zones to be showing up on hot rocky and gas giants as well.