Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Add cats, dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs  (Read 3112 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Add cats, dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs
« on: May 01, 2018, 02:46:16 PM »
Universe Sandbox 2 is such an amazing simulator that I am such a huge fan of it. What Universe Sandbox 2 is missing so much is the ability to have breeding pets. Animals such as cats, dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs would be such an amazing addition to life support. Being able to simulate complex life would be such an advantage for pet owners who would love to create habitable Earths in Universe Sandbox 2 with their favourite cute pets.

Gurren Lagann TSS

Re: Add cats, dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 03:14:18 PM »
A impossibility.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »
what
...Is this some sort of joke, Cesare? I don't find it funny...
I can get behind suggesting things to the devs. I do it.
 I understand you may want things in combinations or even on their own that are near or completely impossible. That is just a matter of not quite understanding lack of infinite computing power. Not something I should complain about.
But...seriously? pets? This is a physics simulator at heart. With a heavy skewing (by design) toward the astrophysical. If this was literally anything with a focus of things on planetary surfaces, even to the point of something like Space Engine, it might make sense. But universe Sandbox doesn't. Currently you can't even see the atmosphere when you land, have you forgotten this?
I just don't get how pets are relevant to what US2 is. I don't mean to sound harsh, I don't want to. But I just do not understand. I won't say it's impossible, like Gurren Lagann TSS said because although hard it could be, but...why? Maybe if we ever manage to get a Space-Engine-y level of detail or more, it could make sense but that is so far off if not impossible, but until then it makes very little sense to throw a rabbit into space just for the sake of having a rabbit. I'm sorry, but this just makes no sense until other things come to fruition that would make it make sense.
And I'm not saying the devs can't do it... but, I am saying, why would they? I mean, if they want a break from the usual and do this then okay, that's their decision, but I feel there are other things they could to do to break from the usual that would be a whole lot more relevant to the direction they seem to be going in with this program....

Again, apologies if this seems harsh. Just my opinion, the devs can do whatever they want, that's their decision. I just won't quite understand that decision other than that they just want to.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 07:42:58 AM »
I am not joking here. I am serious.

Pets would make sense to have in Universe Sandbox 2 to simulate the complexity of life on terrestrial planets that support a perfect environment. Rocky planets which have a magnetosphere, oceans, fertile greenery vegetation and oxygen would path the way for wildlife, animals and human being. Would you like to live on another planet like Earth that has 100% life likelihood?

Creatures like these would need to have a rocky planet that has the same surface pressure and gravity than Earth actually does.

I am not asking for pets as to throw them in space as static objects like the recent "Tesla Roadster" car, but instead as fully living and breeding creatures, like the ones you see in Grand Theft Auto 5 country side. I mean real animals to be simulated in Universe Sandbox 2.

I absolutely agree on the point that developers must finish off their goals from the 2017 Roadmap. Yes, of course, go ahead developers and finish off your goals.

Me, you and all of us combined on this community forum are helping and contributing on making Universe Sandbox 2 better and better by suggesting cleverly thought ideas.