Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Thoughts and observations about the evolution of stars in the program ...  (Read 5778 times)

The parameter "Age" for example in the solar system does not work at all.

During the explosion of the Supernova (I blew up 30 pieces at one point), enough material had to form to form a new star, but this does not happen. The stage of formation of a star from the molecular cloud is absent?
Just did not manage to get a gas giant, even a planetoid ... It's bad.
 Your program is a simulator, but the main aspect - the formation of stars and gas giants alas, is absent. This is bad.
The evolution of stars, depending on the change in the "Age" parameter, is also absent or does not work. This is despite the fact that the stars in this program consist exclusively of hydrogen, which means that you needed to create the possibility of life cycle simulation for stars with a low mass, intermediate mass and stars with a mass of more than eight solar masses.

I wanted to admire the aging sun and see how it all ends in real time ... did not work out.  :'(

Lasers for virtual reality, of course it's great. But if you yourself say that this program simulates a lot of laws of the universe, then where is the basis - the emergence of stars and gas giants?  :o
I really hope that you will address this issue.   8)

No. 1: And there's not enough rewind to see how it all started:   ;)

No. 2: Carbon, Helium and Oxygen need to be introduced for aging =). Stars can be offended!
If you offend them, then the vile Brown dwarfs will come with their girlfriends - Black holes and torture you in a dream:  ;D

No. 3: Well, in general, a very good program. At you all will turn out, I wish success in development. :)

Physics_Hacker

The main issue of this post is the fact that you can't see the stars evolve,  but you can, not by modifying the age parameter instead by speeding up the time step to millions of years per second or more, at which point you will see the sun grow and age.  As far as the development of stars and gas giants, that is definitely coming and will arrive alongside SPH  (smoothed particle hydrodynamics),  but until then you can simulate that by putting many many many gas giants into the simulation and letting them collide together. If you make a big enough cloud of them they might even begin to have the rotation motion of a nebula collapsing, though I don't think they'll have the behavior to turn into a disc so you might want to start out the simulation like that. Hope I could help! :-)

The main issue of this post is the fact that you can't see the stars evolve,  but you can, not by modifying the age parameter instead by speeding up the time step to millions of years per second or more, at which point you will see the sun grow and age.  As far as the development of stars and gas giants, that is definitely coming and will arrive alongside SPH  (smoothed particle hydrodynamics),  but until then you can simulate that by putting many many many gas giants into the simulation and letting them collide together. If you make a big enough cloud of them they might even begin to have the rotation motion of a nebula collapsing, though I don't think they'll have the behavior to turn into a disc so you might want to start out the simulation like that. Hope I could help! :-)

Yes, yesterday I created a megatumanity.  :D

Of course, from the gas giant, I managed to create a star with the help of increasing the mass manually. However, my post about the fact that in the Simulator there are a lot of gravitational laws of the universe, still I would like to see ...

For the time being, the work, if I may so express it, in the "Universe Sandbox ²" reminds me of the process when you can not stick a domino with your finger and see how the knuckles will fall beautifully in the established scheme.   ;)

It's so dreary to watch the stars, which are 900 billion years old and they are as immortal as the user. :D The stars do not expand and do not narrow, systems do not collapse, they do not go from orbit to orbit ... everything is static. In fact, I really want to start the timer and see that the planetary system created by myself will finally fail and possibly give rise to a new system. The eternal cycle of the universe: Life - Death - Life  ;D

Thank you

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Stellar evolution does exist within Universe Sandbox right now, though as Physics_Hacker mentioned you need to speed up the simulation quite a bit to see this (and at which point you may be going so fast that you skip right past the changes!). There are also bugs surrounding stellar evolution, and there are stars which don't fit into our current model.

We are working, however, on a new stellar evolution model that should make for more dynamic stars and smoother and more accurate changes. You can learn more about this on our roadmap: http://universesandbox.com/blog/2017/08/updated-2017-roadmap/

We had to delay this a bit, but it is still high on our to-do list!

Simulating the actual creation of stars and planets is also an interesting idea that we want to explore, but we are still a long way away from that as that's a very complex and demanding simulation aspect.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
I would like to be able to simulate the creation of stars and planets orbiting from a disk or rocky debris orbiting around the star. I am a huge fan of Universe Sandbox 2 and a huge fan of planetary creation. The creation of planets from a disk of rocky dust would be such an amazing sight to see in Universe Sandbox 2. Also seeing a hot ball of gas transform into a proto star would also be so cool to see.

Stellar evolution does exist within Universe Sandbox right now, though as Physics_Hacker mentioned you need to speed up the simulation quite a bit to see this (and at which point you may be going so fast that you skip right past the changes!). There are also bugs surrounding stellar evolution, and there are stars which don't fit into our current model.

We are working, however, on a new stellar evolution model that should make for more dynamic stars and smoother and more accurate changes. You can learn more about this on our roadmap: http://universesandbox.com/blog/2017/08/updated-2017-roadmap/

We had to delay this a bit, but it is still high on our to-do list!

Simulating the actual creation of stars and planets is also an interesting idea that we want to explore, but we are still a long way away from that as that's a very complex and demanding simulation aspect.

Thanks for the answer  :)