Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG] Water is frozen on rocky planets above 0 degrees Celsius  (Read 6427 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
There is a bug which causes water on rocky planets to be always frozen when the temperature is above 0 degrees Celsius, even when the planets is thousands of degrees hot. Please fix this bug. This bug even happens when adding water on a dry terrestrial planet.

I even tried to put the frozen planets in a star's habitable zone and the water does not melt, even in the red hot zone, the water remains frozen all the time.

unclejoeussr

• Leader of the Soviet Union
Re: [BUG] Water is frozen on rocky planets above 0 degrees Celsius
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »
I agree this bug needs to be fixed. But why did you create two threads about it?

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 11:05:45 AM »
I could not find the other thread, so I created another one. Please don't delete this thread nor the old one.

I hate it when I add water to a rocky planet that has temperatures above 0 degrees Celsius and the water is frozen. This drives me crazy.

unclejoeussr

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:29:52 PM »
Lol your other thread is on the same page as this one. I'm not gonna delete it, I can't as I am not a mod. Again though I agree this bug is a major one and I should hope it will be fixed in Update 21, after all it has been around for some time now and is fairly game-breaking.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 10:10:49 PM »
This bug is game-breaking and so annoying. When developers release big updates like "Update 20", they often release hundreds of bug fixes, so I hope they also release a mega bug fix update for Update 21.

unclejoeussr

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 01:32:26 AM »
Well hopefully they will. I really hope they actually add some new content to the game and not just more objects but actual simulation details and more realism. Somehow, though, I doubt it. Idk what it is, I think maybe they need to hire more developers or something seems like things get done slower than molasses in winter.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 05:32:04 AM »
I think that in the near future, Universe Sandbox 2 team will hire more developers to speed up the development process of Universe Sandbox 2 and add more cool exciting features to the simulator.

I would also like to see more objects such as human sized objects and planets added to Universe Sandbox 2.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 09:20:52 AM »
Well hopefully they will. I really hope they actually add some new content to the game and not just more objects but actual simulation details and more realism.
We've been working on some big features, some of which are directly related to simulation detail, like Planet Grids. You can read more about this and other features we're working on in our roadmap: http://universesandbox.com/blog/2017/08/updated-2017-roadmap/

While we're behind on schedule for some of those items, we're still working hard on them! It is difficult to make estimates as there can be any number of unexpected roadblocks that cause delays, especially with complex features like Planet Grids. Thanks for your patience!

As for this bug -- do either of you have specific reproduction steps? For example, what happens before you see this issue? What steps can you provide me with that I can follow and see this exact issue? If those steps exist then it becomes much easier to track down a bug.  :)

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »
I have read your 2017 roadmap for planets grids and lasers. It is amazing, and I understand the delays and roadblocks that your developers face. However, the work you put in all those years to develop Universe Sandbox 2 as it stands now is superb. I like every bit of your hard work putting this simulator together.

The problem that me and everyone else has when adding water on rocky planets that are above 0 degrees Celsius is that water keeps freezing all the time. Water appears always frozen even if the temperature is in its 1000s of degrees Celsius.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 10:10:10 AM »
Here is a gif video of the water freezing glitch:

unclejoeussr

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 12:30:37 PM »
A good example of this is Titan. Anytime you add water to titan even if it is above freezing it instantly freezes.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 01:09:10 PM »
This for reporting this water freezing bug on Titan as well. Please understand that this bug always occurs on random spawn planets and solar system planets.