Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Opening Simulation "Random Galaxy" throws an error  (Read 3836 times)

pixiemcdixie

Opening Simulation "Random Galaxy" throws an error
« on: April 15, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »
When I try to open the simulation, the game freezes for a second then shows a box with the text, "Opening Failed: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"
Help! Would love to load this simulation and would love to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem. Thanks!
(Below are screenshots of the error.)

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Opening Simulation "Random Galaxy" throws an error
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 09:43:06 AM »
Thanks for reporting this. We have actually already fixed this, so it shouldn't be an issue once we release our next update. :)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 10:21:19 AM »
There are still a huge amount of work that developers need to do to finish off galaxies and black holes. At the moment galaxies and black holes are extremely bugged. They slow down my laptop so much that it crashes. I have a 2GHz dual core processor with 4GB RAM and galaxies and black holes makes my laptop crash.

The other problem with galaxies is that they contain does. Instead galaxies should contain billions, or trillions of stars with their planetary systems. Nebulas and star clusters, as well as each individual stars and planets should be clickable and selectable like they are in Space Engine.

unclejoeussr

• Leader of the Soviet Union
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 01:52:49 AM »
There are still a huge amount of work that developers need to do to finish off galaxies and black holes. At the moment galaxies and black holes are extremely bugged. They slow down my laptop so much that it crashes. I have a 2GHz dual core processor with 4GB RAM and galaxies and black holes makes my laptop crash.

The other problem with galaxies is that they contain does. Instead galaxies should contain billions, or trillions of stars with their planetary systems. Nebulas and star clusters, as well as each individual stars and planets should be clickable and selectable like they are in Space Engine.

2Ghz dual core is very old tech and slow compared to modern stuff. How old is your laptop? My Acer Aspire 5552 has a 2.4ghz quad core and 4gb ram, and I bought that way back in 2011 for just $400 new. Also, ram is cheap, I added 4gb more for just $30 now I have 8gb.

Even with that laptop it does not run US2 all that well, mostly since the video card is integrated and US2 does need a decent video card to run (something most laptops lack).

So sorry to tell you theres no way your laptop will run US2 that well, unless it has a really good video card which I highly doubt.

Get a desktop or better yet build one.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 05:17:01 AM »
My laptop is over 5 years old, maybe older, I guess.

Hopefully, this year, I am planning to build a custom made desktop PC with a 16 Core processor, running at 4GHz and 16GB of RAM. Such a PC would be perfect to run Universe Sandbox 2 with simulations that contains 1000s of planets.