Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Add "Oxygen" to the Materials Tab  (Read 11089 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Add "Oxygen" to the Materials Tab
« on: March 27, 2018, 05:40:59 AM »
The materials tab in Universe Sandbox 2 needs to have more types of materials other than the current materials such as iron, silicate, water and hydrogen. The materials tab needs to have oxygen that can be give to habitable terrestrial planets. Materials such as organics must also return, but this time being able to show green grass on the surface of terrestrial planets.

Pizzaeater1K

Re: Add "Oxygen" to the Materials Tab
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 03:21:10 PM »
why not just put a bunch of gasses in the atmosphere tab to help determine the greenhouse effect and color of the atmosphere.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 06:57:57 AM »
Yeah,  that's an excellent idea. Yes, I do agree with you. Putting a bunch of gasses into the atmosphere tab would help determine the greenhouse effect and color of the atmosphere.

I really want to be able to customize the colors of atmosphere, water, gas giants and stars, within the interface of Universe Sandbox 2. We need much more abilities with color, materials and elevation.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 07:01:44 AM »
I really want to be able to customize the colors of atmosphere, water, gas giants and stars, within the interface of Universe Sandbox 2.

You can change the colors of atmosphere, gas giants and stars by editing the game files

Its on Documents\Universe Sandbox ²\Simulations and Documents\Universe Sandbox ²\Bodies

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 07:15:37 AM »
Yes, I know how to mod them, but it would be easier and more straightforward to edit them withing Universe Sandbox 2's interface.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 07:18:14 AM »
Yes, I know how to mod them, but it would be easier and more straightforward to edit them withing Universe Sandbox 2's interface.

CAN YOU JUST FREAKIN STOP FORCING THE DEVS?! IF YOU DONATED 1,000 DOLLARS TO THE DEVS THAT WOULD BE GOOD

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 07:21:50 AM »
I am not forcing the devs. I am just suggesting the devs for new features for the future.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 07:25:53 AM »
I am not forcing the devs. I am just suggesting the devs for new features for the future.

BUT YOU SUGGESTED TOO MUCH! YOU SHOULD DONATE INSTEAD!

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 07:27:56 AM »
I know.

kallisti

• I'm trying.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 06:41:07 AM »
Lol. Jokes aside, is it possible to donate?

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 12:52:47 PM »
Yes.

unclejoeussr

• Leader of the Soviet Union
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 10:35:19 AM »
Don't hold your breath lol with the glacial pace of game development you might see new materials in 10 years haha.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 10:57:05 AM »
New materials should come to Universe Sandbox 2 by 2020.

unclejoeussr

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 03:24:45 PM »
Doubtful. Its been in development for years now, and in that time all they have done with materials is remove one, which is essentially going backwards. I would be surprised if they ever add new materials.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 10:12:33 PM »
They removed the organics material. They once said that they were going to replace organics with greenery vegetation appearing of habitable planets like Earth.

unclejoeussr

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 01:27:39 AM »
Yeah I think it was stupid to remove organics. Sure they didn't do anything, but who cares atleast it was a little extra variety in the game.

Why have only 4 materials thats not enough to simulate planet or stars realistically. There should atleast be Helium, Oxygen, Methane and Carbon. As is its to over simplified, and it seems like it would not be that difficult to clone some of the existing materials and just change a few properties to make new materials. They don't even need to do anything, just the variety alone would add a ton to the simulator.

However judging by what they have done so far I seriously doubt we will see much in the way of new materials anytime soon, which is a shame because US2 has so much potential, and so far it is rather bland and gets old pretty quick with just the same 4 materials.

Just my .02 cents worth

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 05:06:51 AM »
Hopefully, developers will add more materials soon. Its not the question of "if", its the question of "when", it will happen. As far as I know, the first material to be added to Universe Sandbox 2, once again, would be the previously removed "organics" material.

unclejoeussr

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 08:55:39 AM »
Adding back organics would be a good start, but I would like to see Helium and Oxygen as well they are very basic elements in the Universe and a part of star lifecycle. And again they need not actually do anything at first just have the new materials there for looks and variety (just recolor hydrogen), would make things a tad more interesting in terms of planets. Also C02 is already in the game they should make it a material in materials tab.

This is an awesome program no doubt but it definitely is lacking in variety.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »
I know that there is a lack of materials. Carbon dioxide (CO2) must be added as a material. I do agree with you here. Also other materials such as helium and oxygen are also needed to be included with the list of materials. Organics must also make a comeback, but this time showing some greenery on planets.

Magma is the hot liquid stuff that the Earth is made from, so magma would be a nice addition for creating planets in Universe Sandbox 2 that contains a mantle made from magma.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »
Magma is the hot liquid stuff that the Earth is made from, so magma would be a nice addition for creating planets in Universe Sandbox 2 that contains a mantle made from magma.

Magma is hot silicates. We have silicates.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »
Magma is needed as a material.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2018, 10:17:23 AM »
No it's not... magma is just hot silicates, which we already have...

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2018, 11:15:02 AM »
This does not make sense. Silicate is suppose to be mimicking the crust of planets, whilst magma simulating the red hot mantle of rocky planets. Magma is a material which must be added into Universe Sandbox 2. There are many more materials that Universe Sandbox 2 must simulate. Each material must give a unique texture for rocky and gas planets.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2018, 11:47:14 AM »
The mantle is just a thick layer of hot silicates...It's essentially a transition layer, but smooth transitions of compositions haven't been implemented yet and who knows if they ever will be...

Quote from: Wikipedia
Earth's mantle is a silicate rocky shell with an average thickness of 2,886 kilometres (1,793 mi).

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2018, 11:54:08 AM »
I understand, but, anyway, please add magma in the list of materials.

unclejoeussr

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 12:11:35 PM »
I understand, but, anyway, please add magma in the list of materials.

I agree with Hacker, Magma is just molten silicates it doesn't need to be a separate material. It would not make sense, that would be like having water and ice as separate materials. We should have more variety but of materials that are absent from the simulation altogether.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »
Yes, we should have more variety in materials. Universe Sandbox 2 should have at least a total of 10 materials.