Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How should I interpret this climate simulation result  (Read 3226 times)

jfri

How should I interpret this climate simulation result
« on: March 25, 2018, 03:15:26 PM »
I tried simulating earth climate by placing it at the same orbit as Venus. After some time the temperature seemed to settle around 140 C. I then noticed something. On earth in the oceans there were many areas which was displayed as dry land. Should this be understood such as the simulations takes into account that the oceans boil away and loses its water thus parts of the ocean become dry land ?
If this is so there is another thing that I don't see being simulated. All that water would have been ended up as water vapor in the atmosphere leading to increased greenhouse warming. But in the data of earth it seem to me that water vapor is not taken into account in the climate simulation. Is this correct ?

Re: How should I interpret this climate simulation result
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 03:37:50 PM »
I tried simulating earth climate by placing it at the same orbit as Venus. After some time the temperature seemed to settle around 140 C. I then noticed something. On earth in the oceans there were many areas which was displayed as dry land. Should this be understood such as the simulations takes into account that the oceans boil away and loses its water thus parts of the ocean become dry land ?
If this is so there is another thing that I don't see being simulated. All that water would have been ended up as water vapor in the atmosphere leading to increased greenhouse warming. But in the data of earth it seem to me that water vapor is not taken into account in the climate simulation. Is this correct ?
Yes, it seems so. The climate model and the soil model is very conditional at the moment-you will have to strengthen the density of the planet's atmosphere and "melt the core" by reducing it, and adding more silicates ... maybe something will have to be done with the ionosphere and reflecting the surface. I noticed that many of the characteristics of the planets, like those of the stars, are not interconnected and must be manually controlled. The stars, as you see the same do not pass with age their evolution.
In fact, now it is possible in the program only to simulate the current situation with manually set parameters. Automatically changing and generating only the only temperature indicators. The chemical composition of the atmosphere and soil of planets and stars does not change. Everything has to be done by hands - it's hard to be a god.  :D