Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 6133 times)

Modochi

Is this normal?
« on: March 20, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »
I did a little test today with a 50 times earth mass Mars and a 40 times earth mass Mars, one was set to orbit and the other still. When I started the simulation everything looked okay, except the largest Mars planet jumped from -47,1 Celsius to +74874 Celsius in what amounts to a ten minute period game time wise. It got so hot the largest planet started to evaporate as it had shrunk to just 49,7 earth mass in that time frame. 

Post impact the planet said it was just 19.7 Earth Mass and around 8000 degrees hot. Then within five game days it had dropped to just around 6000 degrees .

Gurren Lagann TSS

Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:45:52 PM »

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 04:10:21 PM »
This is a bug. It must be fixed. Temperature bugs are very common in Universe Sandbox 2, especially when hot water planets have frozen water. Temperature bugs must be fixed as soon as Update 21 comes out.

unclejoeussr

• Leader of the Soviet Union
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:38:09 PM »
This is a bug. It must be fixed. Temperature bugs are very common in Universe Sandbox 2, especially when hot water planets have frozen water. Temperature bugs must be fixed as soon as Update 21 comes out.

Don't count on it lol.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 09:58:21 PM »
The texture of Mars and other bodies from our solar system should always spawn with the same texture.

unclejoeussr

• Leader of the Soviet Union
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 01:47:22 AM »
The texture of Mars and other bodies from our solar system should always spawn with the same texture.
What do you mean I thought Mars always did have the same texture, as well as most of the major bodies in the solar system. Atleast that was the case last time I played. They do need to add some textures to moons though, like Triton and Titan.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 05:12:36 AM »
Well, I mean that Mars sometimes displays a slightly different version of its texture because it appears that developers mistakenly added two default textures instead of one.

However, you are correct, Triton and Titan needs proper textures.

In my opinion, all the planets and moons in our solar system must have updated textures with better resolution, better graphic visuals and more sharpness.

The textures of Venus and Uranus does not look right. Developers have to change them so that their texture look exactly like the real Venus and the real Uranus. I have written a post of that already. Search for it and read it, and post your suggestions for Venus and Uranus textures.