Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gas fragments.  (Read 4347 times)

Modochi

Gas fragments.
« on: March 10, 2018, 09:05:46 AM »
Hello.

I've been playing around with this sandbox game for several months now and I have noticed that if you put a star under enough stress by slinging it past a black hole, large lumps of gas clouds will be generated as the star is  torn apart.

I would like to save these fragments as doing one experiment, I moved one gas cloud into the path of a rocky planet which resulted in the planet sucking up a lot of the gas material as it passed through it, turning it into a small gas giant. Seeing that I wondered if if I could put one small rocky planet down and then turn that into a star by having it suck up those gas clouds.

Problem is, when I try to save them I can't do so unless I convert them into an object which just produces a weird see through round object instead of a gas cloud. More annoying is that these objects just devour the planets they hit.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Re: Gas fragments.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »
Particles and fragments should remain in Universe Sandbox 2 like it did in the Alpha 16 version where you could save the fragments and even collide them together to grow planets out of fragments.

Modochi

Re: Gas fragments.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 02:18:37 PM »
I see.